The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pics of painted brake calipers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast_bl

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Hello All,
I did a search but it yeilded nothing. I'm thinking of painting my brake calipers red, but on my 1g, the pads show right through. I would like anyone who's done it and has a pic, to show it to me so I can decide if it's worth it or not. Thanks in advance.

it looks cool while it last, but then you usually have to reapply after time unless you get them powder coated which will cost a little more. i did mine silver, this is the rear after i put everything back on.
later

Attachments

• rear brakes.jpg
    rear brakes.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 271
mine have been painted for almost 2 years without problems. i wasn't a cheapass though, i bought the 2 part kit and applied a few coats on each one. i recently changed the color from blue to black so now i have 4 coats on each. i went over the calipers with a stiff wire brush, then i sprayed the hell out of the calipers using the whole can of cleaner, then i went over them again with the brush, then i used another can of cleaner, then i applied 2 coats per caliper. only mix half the stuff and work quickly. the first time i did this i mixed the whole thing, but didn't even use half, so i had to throw the rest away. feel free to go over your rotor hats too in the same way. its definately worth the $40.

you can kind see the red in them
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back