The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pick N Pull Concern I have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squirrlee

Probationary Member
May 12, 2012
Everett, Washington
I have been hitting up two Pick N Pull yards near me and have found many parts that I needed. The Issue is I keep seeing new car so often and I'm not talking about Wrecked beyond repair cars. Yeah some are rather banged up others look as if it's just a matter of the Motor having gone south and they just got tossed. I have seen 4 GSX 1st Gens in the last two months that nearly made me cry to see them there. :cry:

I had thought Pick N Pull was was a great way to get parts, now I'm starting to look at it as a Killer of DSMs. Soon there will be no more spare parts to be had and once they are gone what will we do? I have seen cars with bodies that could be used but they just crush them and sell it as scrap Metal.:toobad: Yeah the cars can get rather stripped down but the body on some of them could be saved.:pray:

Once there gone thats it parts are still made depends on what, once you get one youll know more whats out there and whats not its a car and they become obsolete.

I know the feeling I've seen two VR4 galants, one 98 awd talon and numerous 1g gsx's . I also would love to save them all but then I think how rare the ones I do keep are going to be:) also my wife says I have a problem because I try to hoarde all the parts I can , whether I have the car or not. Lol Oh yea I'm also going his weekend to pull some parts because it's half price this weekend .

I know the feeling I've seen two VR4 galants, one 98 awd talon and numerous 1g gsx's . I also would love to save them all but then I think how rare the ones I do keep are going to be:) also my wife says I have a problem because I try to hoarde all the parts I can , whether I have the car or not. Lol Oh yea I'm also going his weekend to pull some parts because it's half price this weekend .

98 talon,WHATTTTTT.Why is that not in your driveway.

Im lucky most the locals hit me up before taking a car there. Id rather have them sitting in my yard than getting destroyed at the wrecking yard. My count after today is 7 1Gs, 1 GVR4, and a 2G convertible. Maybe one day I'll get a chance to restore these back to a running condition.

Once there gone thats it parts are still made depends on what, once you get one youll know more whats out there and whats not its a car and they become obsolete.

Yes they do but there are cars that are way older that have much more support in the replacement parts. Things like Manual window regulators are not available by any manufacturer and I have 2 extra sitting in my garage. ;) But at some point there will no more 1st gens just sitting around to pull them off of.

Rear OEM spoilers will be nearly impossible to find at some point, then what will we do when one of ours is broken and can't be fixed? OMG I have seen at least 7 rear spoilers....Complete rear spoilers. I fear many of them have been crushed and I'm going to grab the next one that is in good shape. Heck I might make it an investment type thing....because they are going to be worth their weight in gold at some point.

I don't really like the G1 Talon Rear spoiler or the Lazer one but people will end up using them because there are no more Eclipse ones left.

I guess people will just put the after market Wings on and roll with those.:toobad:

Wow I hardly ever seen many dsm's listed on their site but the one in arlington usually has a few non turbo 1g's and maybe a 2g. They usually just come and go before I get the chance

Yep, welcome to the world of quick cash and supply and demand. A lot of DSM's are just getting scrapped now that they have gotten so old that a lot of parts have to be replaced on them and their book value is so low.

Wow I hardly ever seen many dsm's listed on their site but the one in arlington usually has a few non turbo 1g's and maybe a 2g. They usually just come and go before I get the chance

I was there yesterday and they have a red 93 GSX on Row 19. In Lynnwood they have/had a 90/91 TSI AWD Black and a Purpleish 94 GSX that was a rust bucket is gone now.

The one on row 19 was kinda riced...it had after market Ground effects kit and the front struts were adjustable. The Turbo was of course GONE but if you don't get there when they open you will not see those.

I'm looking for the Door caps for the side skirts of the 92-93 eclipse.....for some reason the 94s have different ones that are only under the door and look kinda lame to me.

Between Lynnwood and Arlington right now there are three 92-94 Eclipse one Lazer and two Talons...not to mention the 97 Eclipse

Last edited:
Last time I went to pick and pull, maybe 4-5 weeks ago. There were 6 2gs and one 2g talon, 3 1gs... I'm still kicking myself in the balls for not pulling the 6 bolt out of a 1g about a year ago. Someone already took the trans/injectors/turbo... I literally only had to lift the thing out and take it to the front... I just got depressed all over again over it, LOL...

I have yet to see a single turbo DSM at any yard yet. They seem to be rare on the road around here and even rarer in a parts yard.

i wanna know where this junk yard is full of dsm's ....in my neck of the woods by the time the fork lift drops it on the ground its been stripped LOL

12-15 mixed 1g and 2g at mine with there being about half are gsx. The problem is they want retarded prices for anything so they just sit. The trend is for base 2005-2009 lancers to start creeping into the section where they are and they are junking the dsm's without offering cheap prices

thats just the life cycle of the cars man. some one buys it new and loves it then sells it to the 2nd guy then the 2nd guy loves it then sells it to the 3rd guy the 3rd guy uses it to get to point A to point B and when it dies on him he junks it or lets it sit in his back yard. me and my dad found a 67 fast back mustang just sitting in big bend national park a few years back and asked around an no one knew who it belonged to and filed for a lost title got it then fixed her up. the best way to keep our beloved cars from disappearing is by teaching other how to work on them and how to keep them in good working order.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back