The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Periodic Shake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon23

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2002
Raritan_NJ
Hey guys/gals... I just got this AWD Talon and rebuilt the motor/trans and runs great except that I get this shake in the steering wheel when I get it up to 65. It runs smooth for 3 seconds then shakes then smooth repeatedly...Is this just a simple 4-wheel alignment fix?? Or are the bearings in the rims bad? Help!!

its almost DEFINITLY not the problem you are having but ... i had the exact same symptoms about 6 months ago - while driving, my car would shake for a few seconds... then it would go smooth... shake... go smooth - OMG it was driving me INSANE........ then time came for me to get new tires. when getting new tires, i found out that in one of my old tires there was a bolt floating around in it. yes - a freakin bolt. thats what was throwing off my balance. it would float to one side of the tire and cause the balance to be correct - then it would float to the other side causing it to be waaay off.

anyway - might or might not be your problem - i've never heard of anyone else having this problem so...

Thanks for the help. I did just post a new tread about tires. Guess I need to replace em sooner than I thogut....Any recommendations?

Kumho ECSTA Supra 712's are a great choice if you are on a budget. tirerack.com sells them super cheap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back