The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Performance Shop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaggard27

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Anyone know of any performance shops here in the Sac area or in Norther Nevada? I like in the Reno/Tahoe area and I want to try and open up a Performance Shop here but I kinda want to know what kind of an interest there would be in it. Let me know who would be interested in a shop/vendor here in the west coast!! :hellyeah:

^ dude who are you?? I would love to have a dsm shop in the area. hit me up man 530-412-2316

Only one that i know of that really stands out is Full Function (FFTEC).

FFTEC MOTORSPORTS

i dunno if there is enough of a population of DSM/Evo guys in the Reno/Tahoe area to feed a fully fledged shop operation. You would likely need to support almost EVERY tuner car out there to have enough workload to stay afloat.

man u just dont know how far i will travel to buy dsm parts:D. i once drove 3 hrs to go pick up a small 16g turbo. its true everyones bizzy doing their own thing but it would be a mircile if there was a dsm shop in sac area. :hellyeah:

if you want to open a shop out here one of your biggest profits would be on dyno tuning and not just fwd or rwd ... awd is a must thats why fftech gets lots more people.

i do agree a dsm based shop alone would not cut it not enough activity so spreading to others would also help out alot.

only shop i know around here worth mentioning is midnight performance and they change an eye and leg.

any other shop out in the sac area is based for hondas and not just their stock but their knowledge to.

Thread is old and I'd never take my vehicle, ESPECIALLY a DSM to MP..

Even in their heydays they did subpar work and even then it was only on Hondas. Nice to see a few people trust em. No harm no foul... What are you guys getting done?

tahoe needs a spot bad

yeah but realize that with the altitude if it is a tunning shop your car would only be good up there.

im all for a dsm/evo shop here in Sacramento. tired of my only choices been in the bay or socal.

as for MP i dont trust them much ither they just dont feel right to me but in all fairness they have never done me wrong.

only bad thing is... its been there for about a MONTH but "should be done tomoro". i had them rewire the alarm system along with the ecu with all the sensors, new lines for the turbo. been working on for about 3 months and just got tired of and took it to them. probably not gunna come back.. maybe just for a tune when i get dsmlink but idk

i just swapped in a 6 bolt btw

Dude.. They aren't a DSM shop. Don't take your car to them. You're just asking for it...

well now you tell me, dont worry, i wont anymore. but its ### i didnt know anywhere else to go ya know.. im a noob and yea.. i have a safc2 im tryin to hook up to my car and tune with but idk? ### i dont have a wideband or datalogger. i WAS gunna have them do it but f that, they wanna charge me 350..

well now you tell me, dont worry, i wont anymore. but its ### i didnt know anywhere else to go ya know.. im a noob and yea.. i have a safc2 im tryin to hook up to my car and tune with but idk? ### i dont have a wideband or datalogger. i WAS gunna have them do it but f that, they wanna charge me 350..

i can probably wire it for you for like 50 bucks just need some cramps the instal manual and wiring diagram that you can get from their page (cause its been a while and i dont remember the wires) and some striping pliers.

Get a Wideband first...

Don't even install that thing until you do.

What are your mods?

I can install it and just leave the maf signal with bullet connectors so he can connected when ready to tune. till then it just look nice and use it to monitor his throttle LOL

yea haha but i think ima look for the wideband first LOL

Ricer.

haha noo

>=P

haha noo not even close

Get a Wideband first...

Don't even install that thing until you do.

What are your mods?

16g, fmic, oil catch can, fpr, and i think thats it? nothing too crazy. oh and its a 6 bolt

Oh hell yeah, you got a lot in there.. That's a 12s setup. Get her tuned up then we can all hit the track the following week. I plan to get banned..:hellyeah::cool:

man if you're going to open up a shop in the sacramento area, you should not only do tuning, dynos and dsm, but do actual mechanical repairs too and also open up to other cars beside dsm. look at Driven Authority, they seemed to be doing very well.

Im a mechanic in tahoe city I own a home in sparks too I wanna open a shop in reno myself IDK if there would be enough business in the area to support it though.

I have a Honda buddy in Reno and he said the car community up there is a little light weight. I too thought about moving that way and doing business because if anything it'd be cheaper to do.

Now that they are cracking down more on you guys its getting tough.

So I have started to work from my garage now and have worked on everything but a dsm lately. Finally got two 3000gt VR4's in here now so that is a good challenge that I will enjoy. I work on any vehicle but I would like to be a place known for knowing DSM cars so that all the DSM guys in the area can have confidence in my work and know that they will be taken care of here. I really want to get enough business to open a shop and then get the ball rolling on an AWD dyno :rocks::hellyeah::rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back