The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G PCV valve from other engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutoblauth

Probationary Member
Jan 23, 2020
Novo Hamburgo/RS - Brazil, South_America
Not long ago I heard some noises coming from the engine bay that seems to be electric/coils noises, but the mechanic thats doing my car said it was from the PCV valve. I also found some people here saying the PCV valve actually does this kind of noise. (Not sure about its worn)
Couple of days ago I headed to to the mechanic again to do some clutch drain and I told him about some power issue at low load. He noticed the engine running rich, so he looked for a possible eletrical issues. He removed a spark plug wire from cyl 4 while engine was running and some sparks/arches could be seen leaking trought the cable conector on the coil side. He said that was not supposed to happen and that I may need to replace the coils from cyl 1/4.

So now I don't know if its eletrical or the PCV valve. I was looking into replacing the PCV valve since its cheap, but I can't find it anywhere I live and I was wondering if it can be replaced by other engine PCV valve available here so I dont have to wait and pay import taxes from a cheap thing.

If you can find an in-line PCV valve that closes under pressure and opens under vacuum, I assume you could run it off of a nipple instead of screwing one into the valve cover, this would depend on if you can get a vacuum nipple that is threaded correctly.
I have one car that has no PCV system on it and it runs fine, I just get blow by into the catch can.
Arcing at the coil.......I would replace the sparkplug wires first and then, at night, mist the area with a spray bottle of water and see if you see any "electricity" arcing around anywhere. It is a easy test, just don't hose the thing down with water, only a mist will do the job.

If you can find an in-line PCV valve that closes under pressure and opens under vacuum
Im still a bit confused about the PCV valve, will a simple one-way valve work as the PCV valve works?

I have one car that has no PCV system on it and it runs fine, I just get blow by into the catch can.
It wont make the ECU reads something wrong? Maybe this may help me if i cannot find a cheap PCV valve around here.

Can you order from Rock Auto in Brazil???
The min shipping is U$25, for a U$4 part (+import taxes).

Dang, no go on the Rock Auto part then.
A one way check valve will work. I actually have one in line with my PCV valve on 2 cars and have a check valve in the Power Brake Booster line also, as I tend to run high boost #'s (sometimes into the 40 lb area) so I don't want to blow a hole in the brake booster diaphragm.
I work for the Post Office here in the states and I checked postage to you, just to see, and you are spot on for the cost. I had thought if it were around 5-10 buks I might be able to send you one but that doesn't look possible.

I just found that the PCV valve for 4g63 is the same for some Hyundai and Kia cars in here (non 4g63), code 26740 32804.
Looks identical and looking into some eBay pages it says its compatible with turbo eclipse aswell.
If its indeed the same, I can order here for a reasonable price.

It should be identical as some Hyundais use the same valve cover and thus PCV system. However, even with a new PCV, you should follow Marty's advice and install a secondary in-line one way check valve just to eliminate any possible blow-by, especially during higher boost levels.

You can search for something like a Topran check valve, number 206111. It's an 8.5mm external diameter valve that fits with the stock hose. I run that one after my stock PCV. This Topran valve is actually an OEM part for a lot of VAG cars like TDI Golfs and stuff, which I'm sure are plenty in Brazil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back