The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

PCV valve alternatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHerron

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
Missoula, Montana
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried replacing the stock one with one from another car or something.

The stock one leaks boost into the crankcase even when new.

The us plastics check valve potentially restrics flow rate.

Seems like it would just be easier to find one that doesn't leak, from some other car.

I just got the -6AN adapter from JNZ tuning and ran a line from the valve cover PCV fitting to a catch can and then to my intake pipe pre-turbo to always draw a vacuum in the crank case. Then I plugged the fitting on the intake manifold. Problem solved.

I just got the -6AN adapter from JNZ tuning and ran a line from the valve cover PCV fitting to a catch can and then to my intake pipe pre-turbo to always draw a vacuum in the crank case. Then I plugged the fitting on the intake manifold. Problem solved.

Thanks for the reply although its not the info I was looking for.

I'm talking simply swapping out the stock pcv valve with another car (like a Honda or some other model with a more robust part but still a direct fit) pcv valve.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back