The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G PCV Setup #3 – Maximum Pressure Relief

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A sealed can will not have the most pressure relief.
how so? its a constant so will always be drawing vs allowing it to naturally push its way out! enclosed systems do much better at the job vs an open plus you dont get fumes everywhere and oil deposits messing up your engine bay AND if still on a maf system then you dont ruin the air counted by it.

run a proper enclosed system and you will solve your issues. how far to go is upto you! i have mine even taking pressure buildup out of the crank area and it can also self vent into the can at any point with a 1 way valve.

using a vac vs self pressure means you get all the deposits out all the time where as open can relies on the internal pressures to push it out meaning it stays in the system it self pressure builds.

open vs closed is a huge debate by many but safer for an enclosed. do it right and wont have any issues

I was just trying to follow the guide.
It does seem hard to find a nice sealed 4 port can though.The Calan catch can isn't a thing anymore and all the nice 4 ports units are vented.i don't claim to know which is better sealed vs vented.

open vs closed is a huge debate by many but safer for an enclosed. do it right and wont have any issues
I also run a closed system (stock pcv with a check valve and two breather tubes running straight from the VC to the turbo intake)

I like the idea of pulling vac out too. That being said, depending on how bad your blow-by is some people STILL needed a catch can and if you do, then you obviously need a vented one because the vacuum isn’t doing a good enough job if you’re still pushing out oil.

vibrant has a decent looking one in both vented and closed loop and it's good size.

Radium Engineering has a few options as well that can be VTA or Recirc. I was planning on switching to one of theirs from my current set up eventually.

Radium

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back