The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Paying for a car without being there

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlacasse1

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2009
Scott AFB, Illinois
Has anyone her bought a car without paying for it on the spot? I'm trying to buy a car off the East Coast and I'm in the Midwest. I just want to see how people are paying for them. I'm a little bit iffy about handing thousands of dollars to someone with no guarantee the car will be where it's suppose to be when the carrier arrives.

Has anyone done this, and how?

Has anyone her bought a car without paying for it on the spot? I'm trying to buy a car off the East Coast and I'm in the Midwest. I just want to see how people are paying for them. I'm a little bit iffy about handing thousands of dollars to someone with no guarantee the car will be where it's suppose to be when the carrier arrives.

Has anyone done this, and how?

These days, I wouldn't. But thats just me.

I def. wouldn't do cash. That's for sure. Bank check would be the way to go or a cashier's check.

Yeah, I'm definitely not doing it with cash. I'm trying to find out about some type of secure pay type stuff. I wish I knew someone out there in the Virginia area.

I bought an Isuzu space cab 4wd pickup from a guy by using western union. Granted, that car was cheap, and bought as a non running project. So, the risk was not terribly high. I wouldnt do it again though, except for another cheap, project type car that is known to be in rough shape, and no real surprises. Key word CHEAP.

Yeah, this is a non-running VR4. I'm thinking I'm not going to be doing it. Sounds kind of fishy to me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back