The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Paul's 1993 GSX - VMC Panda

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
This is the Build Thread for Paul's 1993 GSX. Reply below.

This car previously belonged to my good friend Dan, who has since passed. I couldn't help but want to acquire this car and have some fun with it in remembrance of Danny.

20220430_175310.jpg

pix 24009.jpg

dsc00730d.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice looking car. What are your plans?
Thanks! Just plan on cleaning some things up and having a fun weekend warrior. Redoing brakes, adding a stereo, moving a bar on the cage, replacing some interior pieces. Needs a catch can set-up and a good pump gas tune. Might replace the hood. Little stuff.

This is the car that has been testing my Volk Metal Craft 1G parts since the beginning. Formerly owned by site wiseman Dan Kasun (project_tsi). I plan to keep using the car for product development.

Well this is what I've been waiting for man. You back rocking your own stuff on this dsm, I gotta come check it out when its together

Paul, have you played around with the link g4 yet? If so, how do you like it?
I haven't. I actually know nothing about it and have quite a bit to learn. I'll be getting a crash course on it from my tuner next month.

Man we’ve come a long way. 10-15 years ago it was “link is just as good as a stand-alone, there is literally nothing else!!” To now quite a lot of DSMs running haltech, Link G4+, and a variety of quality management. Brings a tear to my eye. :p

Man we’ve come a long way. 10-15 years ago it was “link is just as good as a stand-alone, there is literally nothing else!!” To now quite a lot of DSMs running haltech, Link G4+, and a variety of quality management. Brings a tear to my eye. :p
Shoot, I still remember ordering my TMO chip from Todd Day and running Apexi SAFC's. 20+ years ago... We've definitely come a long way.

Shoot, I still remember ordering my TMO chip from Todd Day and running Apexi SAFC's. 20+ years ago... We've definitely come a long way.

I’ve still got the tmologger software on one of my old laptops and the 1g palm pilot logging cable somewhere around here. Great times, man.

Worked on the car some today. Finally got some decent weather.

Nothing exciting, but I figured it best to start with maintenance/repair. I dropped the t-case to Timesert a few holes on the trans. Also had to repair a hole up top for the trans mount. The lightweight, thread-delete mod previously done just wasn't cutting it for me. ;) I replaced the fluids in the trans and t-case while I was under there.

NOTE: Timeserts are a great fix for this common issue. They are MUCH better than helicoils (worth the extra cost). Also, make sure you use carbon steel inserts and NOT stainless steel inserts, due to potential galvanic corrosion issues. And if you want to learn more about how to use timeserts, see my write-up HERE.

20220508_160212.jpg

And being that this car has zero stereo components and that's just unacceptable for me for a streetcar, I added some 6x9's. This car has a rear backseat delete and we incorporated them into it. The OE spots are taken up by the roll bar. Turned out pretty nice though. I used DEI boom enclosures on the backside - hopefully that helps with sound. Certainly cleaned up the install. I also added a fire extinguisher.

Next up is an android receiver install and rear camera. Just waiting for some install parts to arrive.

20220508_185117.jpg

Next up, along with the stereo install, is new brakes for front and rear. Maybe next weekend if the weather cooperates.

post.jpg

Last edited:
I got the oil cooler system back on the car. Dan and I put this system together back in 2013. Setrab cooler up front, a remote mounted oil filter, and a bypass adapter mounted to a forward facing housing. Pretty trick set-up.

I also noticed the damper was old and beat up, so I added a Fluidamper and ARP bolts while I was in there.

20220604_192908.jpg

OC1.jpg

OC2.jpg

OC3.jpg

20220530_195651.jpg

Next up is replacing some vac hoses with AN lines and replacing the gauges in the interior. And a dyno tune appointment in a week!

I really like the remote mount oil filter. :thumb:

I got the plate installed and she got her first bath. I'll be scrambling to get a catch can installed tonight and will be hitting the dyno tomorrow morning! Engine bay pic coming soon, even though it's still a work in progress.

20220524_140502.jpg

20220612_205152.jpg

20220612_205140.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back