The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceddy

15+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2006
Reading, Pennsylvania
Project:
2G ECU Extension Harness, with 2Ga, 2Gb, Evo8, and Evo9 adapter.

This Harness will allow true Plug and Play operation of 2Ga, 2Gb, Evo8, and Evo9 ECUs in any 2G car.

I swap ECUs a lot, and the stock 2G location is a pain to get to. The Harness will have a three foot extension, to allow the ECU to be relocated to the glove box or center console.

The plug end will have plugs for the 2G, Evo8, and Evo9 ECUs. The 2G plug will a CAS signal inverter to allow the use of a 95-96 or 97-99 CAS.

Parts:
Female Plug - You can pick up old Fields Harnesses on ebay. Or cut the plug out of a junk ECU.

Male Plugs - JunkYard best place to pick them up. The Evo9 plugs can be bought online.

Wire - 76 pins x 3 feet = 228 feet!

Solder - I estimate around 350 solder joints.

Heat Shrink, ECU Pins, Inverter Electronics.

Pics:

Plugs and Pins
View attachment 1225

CAS Inverter Circuit
View attachment 1226

Old Wire Removed
View attachment 1242

Start Soldering Wires
View attachment 1243

Half of Wires Soldered
View attachment 1244

HeatShrinked
View attachment 1245

I'll update with progress pics once I start to get it put together...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back