The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2gNT Parts from other applications

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morel

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2004
hereford, Pennsylvania
Been lookin around and seems like quite a few parts from other cars fit on our cars.. From the Neon Tranny on the 420a motor and the Dodge Avenger..

So, what parts have you found out fit on our DSMS? :)

I posted this in another thread:
VelocitàPaola said:
To answer some of the ensuing questions in advance, suspension parts and exhaust parts (from the catalytic converter back) are interchangeable between the RS, GS, and GS-T 2G models.

Interior and exterior body components are interchangeable between the all models.

Brakes are interchangeable between all models.

Electrical connections and wire colors are usually the same with regard to universally present/available parts (i.e. taillights, moon roofs, speakers, etc), but otherwise they are different.

Obviously the engine, drivetrain and ECU are different between the models. This includes all engine wiring harnesses, fuel injectors, fuel rail, intake, downpipe, clutch, radiator, and accessories (power steering, alternator, air conditioning, etc.).

If in doubt, the GS-T has more in common with the GS and RS than the GSX (although I doubt you'll ever be scavenging parts off of a 2G GSX).

For the record, most suspension components, and even a few interior and exterior components (door handles, center console, etc.) are interchangeable between Eclipses and cloud cars (Stratus, Cirrus, Sebring) of the right year (roughly 1995-2002) and trim level.

I know, that's mostly the interchangeability between the DSM models, but look at the last sentence.

In addition to that, some 1995-1999 Avenger/Sebrings, and most Neon engine blocks are the same as the 2GNT blocks.

The Neon ECUs can also be used in our cars.

lets not forget the 2.4l swap from the cloud cars. It requires some modification to work (LOL) , but our head works on it and our tranny bolts up to.

...but the neon head does not :thumb:

I'm pretty sure the Neon ECU's cannot be used in our cars.

Attachments

• 2.4ftw.JPG
    2.4ftw.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 3,183
GSGoinFast said:
I'm pretty sure the Neon ECU's cannot be used in our cars.

They can, it's just that the pinouts are a little different, so you would need to do some rewiring (assuming this is from a DOHC, obviously).

What would even be the advantage of using a neon ecu?

hey ya never know...just like some have higher redlines than others etc ;)

By the way, the Jeep TB isn't an exact swap.

There is a lil more to it than just taking it off a jeep and slapping it on the 420a intake manifold.

We can also use the PT Crusier GT Turbo auto tranny!
Thats a great upgrade for us Auto guys...

...or you could do an mtx swap :thumb:

becareful with the the Neon Block being called the same. That statement is not altogether wrong but not altogether correct.

The Neon 2.0 DOHC bottom end is a direct fit for your 2gnt. Compression is the same; however the PCV system in the 95 was different. The PCV lines entered the block in the front with 2 large lines. These need to be capped off in our cars.

The Neon 2.0 SOHC bottom end is different but will work. Compression is lower, pistons are different. Again the 95 block had the different style PCV system that needs to be capped off.

All neaon heads are different and wont work without a lot of modification.

Terry

+1 for Terry's detailed explanation :rocks:

what motor and years of jeeps can we use the thottle body from and what has too me modified?

4x4 tranny. LOL j/k. that would be sweet just to see a GS AWD. the REAL GS-X.LOL

If you change the brake lines you can use the calipers, brackets and rotors from a 3000gt SL

The Jeep TB's are from the staight 6, 4.0l engines in the Cherokee class. I believe that they are from 91-99. Don't quote me on those exact years. I am just giving you info because I see no answers for you yet. Check out this link for install. It was, to me, the best out there:

http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Some of the years you don't have to take apart the TPS. The electrical hook-up is the same as the DSM.

If you have any questions on my opinions on the mod (pro's and con's) I would be happy to answer in a PM so this thread won't get cluttered.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back