The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Parting a 90 GST in Yelm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac83

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2002
Yelm, Washington
Hey guys,

I'm going to either give away on the super cheap or crush a 90 GST in the next few days. So here we go; everything is OBO or maybe free if you want to come get it yourself. I'm in Yelm, south of JBLM. Cars in fairly bad shape but it has some good parts that someone out there may need. I was going to get it running (absolutely possible) but found a better shell to use.

As it is, I'm looking for $200 for the whole roller. I'll deliver it up to an hour from my house for $250. good deal if someone needs more than just a few of the parts listed below, a real steal over junkyard prices.

condition of the shell is listed below, any parts below are OBO. A little cash will buy a lot of parts off this shell.

90 manual GST. No engine. If someone needs a core block, the one i have has the transmission bolt dog ear on the rear side broken off and damage to the 3/4 journal.

6 bolt crank with slight journal damage but able to be turned.

2 or 3 1G rods and pistons.

Transmission, needs reverse wave spring, recommend putting new bearings and seals in it - I can repair on the cheap for someone or they can have it for a core or repair on their own.

car has a bunch of front light components. it has some clear front corners, some black out front corner covers, a mitsu AND a talon front centerpieces, and all the popup trim pieces including some extra.

turbo MAF.

steering rack works mechanically but all power components are bad/leaky

wiring harness is in poor shape but all wires are there and functional, would be good if someone needs a harness and doesn't mind cleaning one up a bit.

front and rear bumpers are in poor-bad shape but not wrecked outright.

rear deck wing and side wing parts are in ok shape, would be perfect if repainted.

car has good shape doors on each side and the rear hatch is in good shape.

The front glass has a crack in the corner so its no good to pull.

hood seems to be ok.

has a complete mistubishi rear lighting assembly; the two tail lights and the center peice. the center piece is already removed, a laser center piece of this assembly is currently on the car.

brakes are functional and complete.

cruise control system in intact.

clutch pedal assembly is ok. no clutch pedal play but I'll weld it stiff for a little extra.

interior is complete and in ok condition with a good cleanup except for the rear compartment area where some pieces are missing. Steering wheel is, however, not in good shape.

headliner is in bad condition but would be good to use for a recover if someone with a sunroof car needs one.

sunroof glass is good, rubber bits are not in that great of shape but it does seal.

car has some tacky 15 inch (possibly super old american racing) chrome rims that are in fairly good condition if someone wants something like that (could fit some slicks or be used for autoX *shrug*). Tires aren't good for road use but hold air for at least a day or so.

I've got the ECU if someone wants it, doesnt look good upon inspection but the engine went out on the car, so obviously the ECU worked at time of failure. its not an eeprom.

FWD fuel tank is there with a stock pump in it. not sure of condition.

suspension looks old but all complete.

shift linkage and shifter complete.

Body of the car; had a front end collision repaired in the past, the front upper and lower rad supports are slightly damaged but ok. lower body pannel behind driver door is damaged, bondo/puller could fix.

and for you gamblers, the glovebox is locked. I havent opened it, 10 bucks and you can come crack it open and take whats inside of it.

I might give that ECU a try mine doesn't have an ecu light and my car won't start :( I could use that center piece for the tail light too. Do you have any pics? And how much?

NM I got the ECU fixed and car is running, I still need that centerpiece to the tail-light if you have it.

You could manually engauge the relay down by the ecu which may get your car started. Just take the cover off the relay press one of the peddle switches and see if the cel comes on if it does it should start. Just something to try .

Can really use the sunroof glass if you still have it.

Oh and the trim piece from the bottom of the hatch glass..

Thanks

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back