The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Parking brake issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AE2499

Proven Member
Apr 20, 2020
Bakersfield, California
Hello, recently did drum to disc brake conversion. Replaced all hardware exactly how I took it off. Took off caliper and released cables tension and turned adjusting spring/nut to all the way loose. So I’m having an issue with the shoes or hardware or the rotor itself. The rotor has issues clockwise. Counterclockwise it spins fine. Posted a video to see how hard it is.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Solution
ISSUE RESOLVED.
1. My brake pads were touching the rotors. Compressed the brake pad pistons and now the rotor spins freely but still had some resistance.
2. Filed down the parking brake shoes since it was uneven all around and dragging hard in certain areas.
Check your backing plate see if its touching any part of it
Could it be that maybe these are maybe the wrong parking brake shoes I got from oreilys? I have Evo 8 Brembos on with 2003 vented rotors for the rear.

ISSUE RESOLVED.
1. My brake pads were touching the rotors. Compressed the brake pad pistons and now the rotor spins freely but still had some resistance.
2. Filed down the parking brake shoes since it was uneven all around and dragging hard in certain areas.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back