The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

delete thread aint got time for ignorance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncarson91

Proven Member
Jan 2, 2021
north olmsted, Ohio
Okay so i had forgot to ground 1 wire. dummy rookie mistake didnt check over myself it was for cigarette lighter i wired a gauge for power into it. blew fuse ect. so reverse lights werent working. blew engine fuse. headlight relay was clicking. replaced all fuses and relays. alternator, new battery, now im getting absolutey no power to either fuse box.... ECU is 200% fine and functioning properly had it sent to ECM tuning to check it out and paid the 50$ to just have them even look at it. it checked out 100% new mfi mpi relay new door lock relay. radio fuses fine. fuse on back of radio fine. Im absolutely lost boys :( help plz!

Did you check main fusible link at battery?
yep brand new.

i replaced that as well when i did the rest i did them all at once i was just out there and checked it out its still fine.

also when i put key in and turn forward i get nothing. no power no lights nothing. same with when i open door. nothing. i even tried to just click headlights forward and nothing.

If you don't even have power at your fuseboxes (did you check with a voltmeter?) and all fuses are ok, perhaps a main power cable between the battery and fusebox is loose, melted, etc. Start measuring voltages from battery outward to find issue.
so checked those everything is A ok in fuse box under the hood. weird thing was i was getting a cooltant temp circuit malfunction code right before everything stopped getting power also got a cas code? and before i completely lost power my headlights and reverse lights were acting up.

Did you figure out why you were blowing fuses?
Sounds like things got worse when you installed a new alt. What brand of alt? Did you double check you got everything hooked up right and tight and didn't break any wires in the process? Is the alt getting a ground?
I also agree with @luv2rallye, start checking voltages. Work your way from battery on out. i.e. From battery neg. to battery +. From ground to battery +. From ground to starter +. From ground to alt. +, etc.

Did you figure out why you were blowing fuses?
Sounds like things got worse when you installed a new alt. What brand of alt? Did you double check you got everything hooked up right and tight and didn't break any wires in the process? Is the alt getting a ground?
I also agree with @luv2rallye, start checking voltages. Work your way from battery on out. i.e. From battery neg. to battery +. From ground to battery +. From ground to starter +. From ground to alt. +, etc.
OEM alternator. yes made sure i didnt break any wires or anything i guess im going to have to multi meter everything

I dont get the thread title change! How is someone saying whats helpful ignorant? This is not in anyway shape or form ignorant from the helpful members here who have given advice and you accepted it. You not doing what was suggested is nothing bad on their part when they ask you why it was not done already and you come back to update.

The advice you received is helpful and a great start. Please dont ruin it as they may not ever help again if you show this disrespect saying they are ignorant when they clearly are not.

We are all here to help. How you help yourself is a big factor in this and shows alot about you also

Last edited:
not yet man i work full time and my shop is over a half hour away....

plus had to purchase a multimeter. started to under the hood and got absolutely no readings in that fuse box
That wasn't my point. You're asking for help but you had not yet done the most basic of things. If what you did was visually inspect fuses and fusible links its not enough. You need to start over with a multimeter.
Actually test the main fusible link first. Check your main battery grounds and work your way up the chain.
Tell us what you did and let's go from there.

Start with a volt meter at the battery to test for 12v, work your way to the main wire into the fuse box to test 12v before the fuse. Could be the wires also slipped out of the battery terminal

Also if youre not familiar with a volt meter you can use a test light. It has a clip that you clip to the negative terminal to the battery, and when you touch a wire that has power the light bulb inside of it turns on

There could be a break in the cable from the battery to the duse box. They are small gauge white wires, some people replace them with heavier gauge wire as an upgrade.

Start with a volt meter at the battery to test for 12v, work your way to the main wire into the fuse box to test 12v before the fuse. Could be the wires also slipped out of the battery terminal

Also if youre not familiar with a volt meter you can use a test light. It has a clip that you clip to the negative terminal to the battery, and when you touch a wire that has power the light bulb inside of it turns on

There could be a break in the cable from the battery to the duse box. They are small gauge white wires, some people replace them with heavier gauge wire as an upgrade.
This is the only way ! Buy that Voltmeter its easy it shows 12v or 0v and start at the battery terminals.

I am I work a lot. The fact dude is giving me attitude for asking is not called for. I asked because I am new to the whole car scene. I have time today I’m going out to tinker with it. Unfortunately come to find out a lot of people in the Dsm community are honestly fairly rude. Not all but a lot. I have been religiously harassed for asking questions. And anyone who volunteers help without attitude is greatly appreciated.

I am I work a lot. The fact dude is giving me attitude for asking is not called for. I asked because I am new to the whole car scene. I have time today I’m going out to tinker with it. Unfortunately come to find out a lot of people in the Dsm community are honestly fairly rude. Not all but a lot. I have been religiously harassed for asking questions. And anyone who volunteers help without attitude is greatly appreciated.
We are all trying to help. Promise we are not trying to throw shade at you, just be honest with us if we ask questions so we can help you in the easiest way possible. I promise if you ask us how to use a volt meter one of us would take a video and showed you to try to help

No one was giving attitude or being rude, being rude and not telling you what you want to hear are 2 different things. Everyone here very respectfully told you what you need to do, you didn’t do it, they can’t help you until you do, very simple. If you’re going to mistake knowledgeable peoples FREE advice for rudeness because they’re not telling you what you want to hear or what your exact issue is based off your explanation, then this isn’t for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back