The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pappabear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getting my fp green turbo this weekend. The car was a friends, he offered it to me at an amazing price but she was in pieces.

so I got her and towed her home.

0646B3C0-17B2-4D67-BA23-A19815B3D60C.jpeg

The first thing I did was to start getting the parts I needed to get her put back together, this included a 16g turbo, exhaust manifold, downpipe, j pipe, and a lot of other parts.
A lot of the parts I got where used, like the fp exhaust manifold and the radiator and fans.
As I was putting her together other parts became available, before I knew it I had a fairly good build going.

3DBE1117-E6FE-422B-A3FC-2BFEAA93B167.jpeg

Once I got her put together I was able to drain the ancient gas left in the tank, change the oil, change all the coolant, and fired her up. It was a super rough start up but she sat for five years. She has been doing much better, I also changed the bumper cover and got her all dialed in.

last thing to do is to get the new wideband fitting welded onto the Megan exhaust and finish fixing the drivers side lower radiator mount that was cut off during the previous build. And install the new fp green turbo that will be showing up this weekend.

401A2C1B-FDF2-408B-AFD8-4429DB343DA9.jpeg

443EF8A5-F4E4-4407-8473-204D913BD572.jpeg

DEBAD21E-A658-4E7E-824E-61B3F765642B.jpeg

D8BCA446-2336-4A5A-A64C-2B1627A3746C.jpeg

Hooked up my wideband exhaust. Fired her up, and she runs but runs very rough, found a well respected guy from a friend to drop the car off to for some big time ecm tuning to get her as perfect as Possible with the 16g, once it’s all tuned up I’ll slap the fp green turbo on her and call it a day.

I also ordered my cx racing radiator-fan-shroud kit with a 2180 cfm rating. Should be here by this weekend! She is so close to being on the road again and I can’t fkn wait.

The cx racing radiator, fans, and shroud from eBay arrived. I believe the total cost was 260$? The guy said it would be about 2180 cfm, I was able to install it today and get everything wired up, I double checked with a few forum threads and was able to test it via ecm.
Overall I am happy with the look and once I start driving it I’ll be able to see how she does.

06B9519A-755A-4CEA-AACE-FF434A1B1766.jpeg

172B7DDE-F17A-4339-8BAF-20FDEB52D74B.jpeg

8C529A91-85BD-4972-BFAC-ABA5852932A6.jpeg

Set everything up and she still isn’t running right, took it to a friend who is known for ecm tuning and dam’s her the the northwest. We seem to thing the fuel pump isn’t performing like it should. No matter what fuel trims are changed to she sputters under any load like she isn’t getting fuel. So we are replacing the walbro 450 with a new aem 340. I’m really hoping this clears out the rest of the bugs in the car

Well hell. The guy I sent the car to is not wanting or willing to figure out what’s going on with it. So english racing will be getting the car today. I’m sure they can get it sorted out but I just hope it doesn’t end up costing me too much money LOL. It’s all there and was starting and running… just need to get it finished and running right.

So, I’m told the fuel issue has been resolved via swapping out the huge 2150 injectors for 1200’s, replacing the fuel filter “again” and replacing the fuel line and an fittings to the fuel pump. They said she now hits 15lbs boost with zero issues and seems to be running great with a base map. I couldn’t afford the performance tune for the extra 500$ at this time, on top of the cost to diagnose and repair the car, I’m hoping after spring or maybe a street tune if anyone local can help.

I’m also told the fans run constant when the car is running, but they didn’t say if they looked in ecm link to see if it was clicked “always” on. I should be picking her up Monday.

Picked up the car from english today. she Drove really well at first, and as the temp got higher the car started cutting out under load, and ended up parking it once it was closing in on 220 degrees. I’ll check the thermostat asap, any other suggestions to look at?

D4686043-566F-4F8A-B2E4-2A84DD9F0EE6.jpeg

A70DBC64-8FE3-4FDC-AC36-54E7278984FF.jpeg

Did it get hot on the highway or local? Local, guessing by the looks of those fans and it’s freezing out. If they’re cheap fan, they’re not going to cut it. The factory p/s fan pushes about 1600 cfms.
The car got hot local but didn’t cool down on the freeway on a nice cool afternoon, tested the thermostat when I got home and it’s bad. I’ll be replacing it tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope this clears the temp issue and the car cutting out under load

Got my thermostat today, will replace it asap, I was also able to install the side skirt extensions, and give her a good wash. The dang clutch fluid reservoir ran dry and she wouldn’t go into gear on the way home. So I filled and bleed the clutch and didn’t see any leaks. I’ll keep and eye on it to
Make sure it doesn’t happen again

48F5968D-4945-431D-BFD3-02DA61EAC751.jpeg

1FD7993C-2D11-4F9D-BB04-A9785A8C58BD.jpeg

After replacing the thermostat and getting the car up to about 200 degrees, the lower radiator hose is still cool to the touch, I think I might have an air pocket maybe?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back