The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pappabear

Janesfam

Proven Member
Jul 9, 2021
Milwaukie, Oregon
Getting my fp green turbo this weekend. The car was a friends, he offered it to me at an amazing price but she was in pieces.

so I got her and towed her home.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Janesfam

Proven Member
Jul 9, 2021
Milwaukie, Oregon
The first thing I did was to start getting the parts I needed to get her put back together, this included a 16g turbo, exhaust manifold, downpipe, j pipe, and a lot of other parts.
A lot of the parts I got where used, like the fp exhaust manifold and the radiator and fans.
As I was putting her together other parts became available, before I knew it I had a fairly good build going.

Janesfam

Proven Member
Jul 9, 2021
Milwaukie, Oregon
Once I got her put together I was able to drain the ancient gas left in the tank, change the oil, change all the coolant, and fired her up. It was a super rough start up but she sat for five years. She has been doing much better, I also changed the bumper cover and got her all dialed in.

last thing to do is to get the new wideband fitting welded onto the Megan exhaust and finish fixing the drivers side lower radiator mount that was cut off during the previous build. And install the new fp green turbo that will be showing up this weekend.

Janesfam

Proven Member
Jul 9, 2021
Milwaukie, Oregon
Some more pics. Has anyone seen an oil cap like that? It’s not a snug as I would like and I can’t find a replacement anywhere.

Janesfam

Proven Member
Jul 9, 2021
Milwaukie, Oregon
I got my wideband o2 fitting tig welded in the exhaust, this was the spot the previous wideband was at so that’s why I put it there

Janesfam

Proven Member
Jul 9, 2021
Milwaukie, Oregon
Hooked up my wideband exhaust. Fired her up, and she runs but runs very rough, found a well respected guy from a friend to drop the car off to for some big time ecm tuning to get her as perfect as Possible with the 16g, once it’s all tuned up I’ll slap the fp green turbo on her and call it a day.

I also ordered my cx racing radiator-fan-shroud kit with a 2180 cfm rating. Should be here by this weekend! She is so close to being on the road again and I can’t fkn wait.

Janesfam

Proven Member
Jul 9, 2021
Milwaukie, Oregon
The cx racing radiator, fans, and shroud from eBay arrived. I believe the total cost was 260$? The guy said it would be about 2180 cfm, I was able to install it today and get everything wired up, I double checked with a few forum threads and was able to test it via ecm.
Overall I am happy with the look and once I start driving it I’ll be able to see how she does.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds