The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Panama City, Fl. meet (and surrounding areas of northwest florida)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how long would it take me to get there from tallahassee. and the other tally guy pm me so we can meet

Tyler

no, what would help is a good right foot :thumb:

If you are not sure of where to go you can follow me and a few more. I am staying in Bristol at this point. It is about 45 min form tally (smack dab in the middle of P.C. and Tally). It takes about another 45 min from Bristol to P.C. If you are interested we would love for you to join us. Just let me know.

not real sure cause i keep getting a lotta people saying,"i'll try and be there." but hoping at least around 20-30 people. i'll be there rain or shine. even if i have to bring my car in on a flat bed. let's hope that doesn't happen though.

How was the meet? What was the turn out like? I missed it. I found out too late and I have been dying to find some other DSMers in the area considering I just moved from Orlando, which may just very well be the DSM capitol. :cool:

T3GSTinPC said:
How was the meet? What was the turn out like? I missed it. I found out too late and I have been dying to find some other DSMers in the area considering I just moved from Orlando, which may just very well be the DSM capitol. :cool:

Turnout was pretty good, more than I expected. A lot of 1Gs, even an N/A 1.8L 1G! I was one of the few 2GNTs to show up.

I took pics that I'll prolly post up sometime tomorrow.

And for the record, turboing a 2GNT 420A is easy :)

Yeah the 1.8 was my friend JP's work car. His other DSM is getting the motor put in. It was supposed to be at the meet but technical difficulties keep coming up. Great meet, Great people. I think everyone had a blast :cool:

yeah, i broke an axle soon after the meet. ordered a new one last night and put it in today. went to the track and ran crappy times cause of my suck ass launches (dang weak pressure plate) and other problems. at least i ran faster than some cobras up there and had fun killing daniels car on the highway tonight. haha! think my head gasket is blown now too so looks like i may be pulling off my head. if i do that i think i'll be putting on my other head which is at least ported :D hope it goes well and starts running good cause i'd like to have another meet sometime soon.

so who's planning the next one being that everytime i happen to plan it, it rains on us. LOL

laters!
scott

Heh, I got some ultra-sharp 1600x1200 size pics if anyone wants them :)

And I can't believe you guys didn't take a pic of that :dsm: ultra-clean red 1G engine bay! :dsm: I took about 3, I'll post them up whenever I get this stupid card reader working.

v8s_are_slow said:
so who's planning the next one being that everytime i happen to plan it, it rains on us. LOL

laters!
scott

There's another DSM meet in Bradenton (near Tampa) on Feb 19th... a lot of turbo 420A guys will be showing up to that one, so if any of you want to put your 4G63 up against a turobo'ed 420, we will be meeting at a track :)

Great pics! I would love to see more! Bruce.... I didnt see your email until the day of the event :cry: . I never checked that email unitl that day, but I will start checking it more often now. Anyway I look forward to the next PC meet.

v8s_are_slow said:
yeah, i broke an axle soon after the meet. ordered a new one last night and put it in today. went to the track and ran crappy times cause of my suck ass launches (dang weak pressure plate) and other problems.

laters!
scott

Could the 'other problems' be the fact that you gummed up your engine by filling up with that 110 octance . You remember what happened to Jim when he bought 110 octance and then added some octane boost to his Toyota Tercel? He screwed it all up because his 4 banger couldn't handle the racing gas. or was it that your gimp foot couldn't press the skinny pedal hard enough???

Well, we'll be wrenching together. Got the new engine for the car ordered myself and me and Brett (who BTW, witnessed your great times :laugh: ) are going to pull the old one starting this week so we can get the core charge back when the new one arrives. I am seriously debating losing the 5.0 liter 305 and going with a v6 option and just not tell Angie :shhh: That's if it can save me some $$. Since she doesn't lift the hood in the first place, she'd never know the difference. Just as long as she never has to buy sparkplugs, I'll be fine.

haha! i'll tell her j.j.

anyway, yeah i had some problems. pulled the head and yep, the headgasket was blown alright. threw on my ported head but not before i ported it some more and my exhaust manifold as well. of course now i'm leaking coolant somewhere :mad: it's not the head gasket though i don't think. i swear, when it rains, it pours. incase no one has give dsm's a nick name, i have.

Doesn't Start Much

well is anyone gonna plan the next meet? kinda hard for me to plan the next one cause i don't know what my work schedule will be like. someone take charge. i'll help if i can. laters!

scott

and today is one of those days where if someone had a jeep they wanted to trade for my car, i'd for sure do it cause i'm pissed at my car right now :mad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back