The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Painting heat shields ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97moneyhole

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Tecumseh, Kansas
hi guys, i just have a coulpe quick question. Would Dupli-Color High Heat with Ceramic Engine paint rated a 1200 deg be appropiate for painting my heat shields. If not what would be.

thanks for the reply. the reason i ask is because a have already painted them but i believe they hold to much heat in(if there is such a thing). After puting my heat shields back on after painting them i went for a 25min drive last night at an avg of 75mph. When i pop the hood after stoping i noticed that the manifold was cherry red.(is that normal, i have been running without the heat shields)

so should i be worried about cooking my new turbo? i've checked the plugs(no sign of running to rich or lean plus i have a wideband o2 to help monitor) i am currently running about 18psi.

When i was cruising on hte highway at 75 mph the other week and then broke down (LOL)ROFL , I popped my hood and my manifold was also cherry red. I've heard that is normal especially traveling at higher speeds and after boosting.

I used grill paint on mine (may not look as good as engine paint). It has held up well, and required no prepwork. Only downside is it comes in one color.......

thanks for the suggestions, i just want to make sure that i am not going to ruin my turbo.

Since your putting the heat shield back on just wrap the manifold and paint the shield also. This way it will keep alot of that heat from the shield and around the engine compartment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back