The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Painting a car with a paint brush.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guess I need to keep it out of sunlight and then it'll be okay...LOL LOL

So, I went to the local paint shop and told them what happened and said "Just get me black" and they were like "Well, why don't we just match up Wildberry from Eagle's paint codes and have it ordered for you?" So, (cause I had someone not working in a paint shop mix it) I was like, "Um, yeah, duh. Why didn't I think of that?" But then, cause I wanted paint right then, it got me into shopping for paints in stock for a while and ended up with a dark metallic flake cherry purple. Not Wildberry, but the cherry purple from Chrysler on the PTs. whatever the name is, I forgot. So, it cost me $196 per gallon (still cheap for two stage paint setup) but that was way more than I was trying to spend. Anyway, I have real paint now, and yeah....I spent a small fortune at the paint shop. May as well make it look good the right way...

Then I found someone trying to tow my car away because I parked in the wrong space...:ohdamn:

"Rust Oleum Royal Blue 60%, Safety Red 15%, Glossy Black 10%, Mineral Spirits 15%"

I dont really see why that didnt work?? Because unthinned by mineral spirits, your mix was,

Royal B 70%, Safety R 18%, Gloss B 12%....Thats un-thinned.

Your blue is over powering everything, I dont under stand where the brown is coming from.

Id try Royal B 60%, Safety R 20%, Gloss B under 5%~, Mineral spirits over 15%~

That mix on my chart would be a little too "violety" But id imagine it to look just fine in the sunlight especially since Rustoleum always looks way darker, or way brighter in sunlight conditions.

Good luck, I love brushing...My calipers look tasty, even though they took 5 days.

Just a thought what happens if your try to paint this car with real auto paint, will to stronger solvents not eat thought the softer mineral sprints paint under it

oh man, you need to teach me. this is awesome, you are doing a good job

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back