The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

painted or powder coated turbo compressor housing(HX-35)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efrainz28

10+ Year Contributor
May 27, 2008
Long Beach, California
I want to powder coat my hx-35 compressor housing but I don't want to hurt the cooling properties of the housing. Powder coating from what I under stand it retains heat more. Will it be a problem if I powder coat it? or am I better of painted it?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO , powder coating is the way to go, but you could get a decent finish with paint if you A...degrease it very well, B... prep the surface, i.e. sand or scuff, and C...apply a paint that can withstand the high temps! :cool:

you could always polish the cover there is a decient write up on here on how to do it. It was come out to a Chrome finish when you done and you dont got to worry about it chiping or tainting

If anything I would powdercoat or polish...Paint won't last forever because it eventually gets discolored from the heat (even high temp).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back