The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

paint job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psliwa

Probationary Member
Jul 3, 2005
Glenview, Illinois
I want to know how much an average paint job would cost me for my 95 talon. Can some of you please post up how much u paid for your paint job

Depends on where you go, Macco or however you spell it painted mine prepped for 200 + price of paint. If you prep it yourslef you save loads. If you don't you're looking like anywhere between 1300-2300.

For a cheapie paint job is $500-1500
An adequate paint job is $1500-$3500
A quality paint job is $3500+

Now this is just an average, but it really depends on the shops quality(All the little stuff you don't see). You "could" get a great $500 paint job or a shitty $5000 one. You're probably going to spend 2-4k for one.

Depends where you live, I called acouple reputable shops by me cause Ill be getting a paint job done soon once the funds are there and they all quoted me in the $3000 range.

I generally charge about 1500 bucks to start and that includes a little bodywork

I paid $2k for mind and feel it could still be better, but it does look good.

On my 1g, I did an $800 Maaco job.... never again! The paint itself was just okay, but they did no prepwork. It started flaking off in certain areas (side moldings, and front/rear bumper moldings) and the overspray was wretched. I actually pointed it out and the guy told me to hang on. He went inside, came back with a DANG SHARPIE!!!!!

I went with the $50 rattle can job ;)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And with the rims painted:

Do it yourself...I got this paint on ebay for 99.99 dollars then bought a $75 dollar Finex spray gun and shot it myself!

Attachments

• 08-06-09_0813.jpg
    08-06-09_0813.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 07-04-09_2257.jpg
    07-04-09_2257.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 123
  • P1010007small.jpg
    P1010007small.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 114
wow what kind of paint is that???

It's just a satin black, Krylon I think. It's all in the prep work. You can have a $500 gallon of paint and the best sprayer in the world but it will look like crap if you don't prep it well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back