The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Paint and Body in Denver area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotGuap

Probationary Member
Sep 18, 2013
Littleton, Colorado
Hi I'm buying a 97 GSX tomorrow and have been looking all over this forum and on google and cant seem to find what I'm looking for. I am in need of finding a body shop which can do more extensive work in putting on a body kit and a shop that can do a nice(er) paint job. I am meaning something better than MAACO. If I can do the body kit myself please tell me, every site ive looked at has said get a shop to do it, Thanks!!

I have a guy who does great body work and great pait for real cheap, he owns 1609 motorsports give him a ring at 303-881-9967 his name is zach

I can do killer paint work on smaller jobs. I'm not equipped for big jobs (full cars, extensive body work, etc), but if you ever need a hood, fender or bumper done, let me know. I can work for trade for mechanical work or cash. I'll have some examples posted next week, I'm about to paint 2 hoods this weekend.

I would be looking for full install of a body kit plus full body painting by the way. Thanks for the help any more answers keep em coming!

I was finally able to get my daily driver (Saturn :hellyeah: ) hood painted today. Here's a few pics, I'll post the final one once it's dry and mounted back on the car.

First I attacked all the rock chips (there were LOTS) with a long block and some 320 grit (wetsand). I went over the whole hood to block everything down level. Once that was done, I primed the bare metal with acid etch primer, then a couple coats of fill primer, and last a sprinkle of guide coat to make sure it was blocked perfectly smooth again. Once the primer was dry, I wet sanded again to a perfectly smooth finish, then painted and cleared. :thumb:

Also, I learned that CFM just isn't important for turbos. I need a MUCH bigger air compressor. Does anyone have any suggestions for $500 or less?

More pics coming when I get the hood back on the car.

Attachments

• hood_old_paint.jpg
    hood_old_paint.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 72
  • hood_sanded.jpg
    hood_sanded.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 79
  • hood_primer_wet_sanding.jpg
    hood_primer_wet_sanding.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 75
  • hood_painted.jpg
    hood_painted.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 69
  • hood_painted_on_car.jpg
    hood_painted_on_car.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back