The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pagani Factory Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm antsy for lunch-time to roll around so I can indulge.

I know, but I can't really read and enjoy as much as I'd like. Stuff is stupid busy around here around the Holidays.

ive seen tours online of their place...its amazing-everything is done by hand there. Its really not that big of a place, and for cars to come out of there like they do...

In 2001, I saw pictures of one of the first Pagani's. The Zonda C12S. I vowed to one day be able to own one of those. It's been a long and rough road, but I'd like to believe that I am still on track to own one by my 50s.

Too bad they are slower then cars 1/8 of their price....

Hell the zo6 vette is 1/12 the price and still faster. Rather overpriced and flashy really.

The Zonda is a better overall car. And it's not faster in the 1/4. Now the ZR1 is faster in the 1/4 at 1/3 the price, but the Zonda will out handle the ZR1. Like I said the Zonda is a better overall car.

The Zonda is a better overall car. And it's not faster in the 1/4. Now the ZR1 is faster in the 1/4 at 1/3 the price, but the Zonda will out handle the ZR1. Like I said the Zonda is a better overall car.

Why's the fastest zonda listed 2 seconds slower then even the zo6?

Im not saying its not a better built car, it appears to be lighter and for $800k id expect absolute perfection. But rather disappointed. Much like when the lfa listed its horrific first lap, then introduced an additional $100k nurburgring package.

Edit: That 800K price was euro's, holy shit. $1.3m american. Beat by a 70k american car. That makes even the zr1 1/13 its price. Thats pretty amazing. The zr1 has to be the most underrated car of all time.

Why's the fastest zonda listed 2 seconds slower then even the zo6?

Im not saying its not a better built car, it appears to be lighter and for $800k id expect absolute perfection. But rather disappointed. Much like when the lfa listed its horrific first lap, then introduced an additional $100k nurburgring package.

Edit: That 800K price was euro's, holy shit. $1.3m american. Beat by a 70k american car. That makes even the zr1 1/13 its price. Thats pretty amazing. The zr1 has to be the most underrated car of all time.
Most supercars can be beat by cheaper cars. The Vette is certainly one of the best bang for your buck cars on the street. It puts down impressive numbers, but even Vette owners know that owning a Vette is not only about the numbers - try telling them they should have bought a DSM and put those numbers down for a faction of the price once you pass them on the road course (which I've done a few times myself). It's about owning something exclusive, something fast, and something that is a piece of art, all at the same time. The more expensive the car, the more exclusive.

People who have the money for a Zonda wouldn't waste their time with a Vette, even if it's just as fast, just as people who want a Vette wouldn't waste their time with a DSM. To those who want speed and little to nothing else, the Vette is the perfect choice. But when you have money to throw around, I'd bet the Vette would not be all that interesting.

Well that's what i meant by underrated. Its one of the fastest production cars ever made period. I dont know why its not in the same category as the others or above them even. If they charged $1m for the zr1 would people like it more? To be honest, i bet they would.

Is the interior really more import then price and performance? Its ridiculous. I guess it does because those cars will never see the track let alone 10k miles in a lifetime. Which brings me back to my point of them being flashy and overpriced.

I don't think its fair comparing a zr1 or zo6 to a dsm. I doubt there's anything you could do to a dsm to run with those on the ring.

I just don't get how the interior suddenly puts those cars out of the vette's league, even though the vette is superior in every other category. Me personally i would give up ALL of the interior for performance in a supercar much like the mclaren f1. I mean isnt that why you by them? If not why not by a big cushy sedan, theres plenty of overpriced, flashy sedans to fill their need.

When measuring performance oriented super cars, shouldn't performance be the key factor?

Like Chris mentioned, it's all about exclusivity. There's a big difference in thousands of Vettes made on a production line vs. a handful of Zondas made by hand in a show room....regardless of the performance or even price to some extent.

The less people there are in your group of rare ownership, the higher your status and the more important you are. :)

Too bad they are slower then cars 1/8 of their price....

Hell the zo6 vette is 1/12 the price and still faster. Rather overpriced and flashy really.

I can't think of a single person that can afford a Pagani or even a Bugatti would think "hmmm, the Corvette may be the better buy".

Like Chris mentioned, it's all about exclusivity. There's a big difference in thousands of Vettes made on a production line vs. a handful of Zondas made by hand in a show room....regardless of the performance or even price to some extent.

The less people there are in your group of rare ownership, the higher your status and the more important you are. :)

Thats what i figured. Just the general douchebaggery of the pompus assholes that would buy something like that.

To me, the price of the vettes make them that much more superior. To make that kind of performance for that price. That takes skilled planning and engineering in itself.

Imagine what they could do with $1.3m. Id like to see them make one just for kicks. It would be so far out of range of anything ever built LOL. But like you guys said, in the end its all about compensating for something. Got to pad that peen.

I can't think of a single person that can afford a Pagani or even a Bugatti would think "hmmm, the Corvette may be the better buy".

If i could, i would LOL. If i buy a performance car i would want it to perform.

Much like the ridiculously priced koenigsegg that was tested on Top Gear. The car was un-drivable. The stig smoked into a berm and some tires, completely destroying the car. It couldn't even make a lap, without the rear being changed and adding a spoiler. That's just ignorant. Some of those high end cars look nice and use all kinds of exotic materials but they dont have the racing pedigree the vette has. 60's of racing, they know what works and can prove it.

Meh... I own like 6 of them in GT5...but I'm not pompous (asshole maybe, but not pompous). :D

(FWIW - I own way more 'vettes).

Lol, do you walk over to your ps3 with your nose in the air as you select your garage? haha'

But really i understand what your all saying. Talking about people that wipe their ass with a million dollars.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back