The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Pacesetter or ebay header?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p75dsm

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2009
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Im wanting to finally get a header for my 420a. I have heard a few bad things about the fitment on the Pacsetter 4-2-1 with the black coating(yes i know the paint will chip off) but its either the Pacesetter or a cheap $60 ebay 4-1 header. I just figure i want a 4-2-1 and i dont want to pass it up.

the pacesetter is new according to the seller but has been sitting for awhile since he sold his dsm. he's selling it for like $30 and ill have to buy a $14 gasket and new header bolts so about $50 total. this header is $250 if i buy it online so is it worth it?? money is tight and i dont want to spend $50 on this if i can buy the ebay header for the same price and know its new from a company.

I bought a ebay header comes with downpipe and 2 gaskets. Its nice stainless steel welds look good. You can't beat the price.

Why get either, what gains will you get from it?

I currently have the ebay 4-1 headers on my 420a and from experience I can tell you that it is a waste of time. Yes it will make you sound louder but if anything you might even lose 3 or 4 horsepower putting headers on. I would personally just not get them and spend that money somewhere else. Buuut if your set on getting headers I would go with which ever is cheaper.

My point exactly: don't buy any header, but if you do- get the cheapest one you can find. They will all sound raspy.

wow you guys really changed my mind..which is weird cause ive done alot of searching and 90% of the dsm guys said their headers improved the performance of their vehicle..the main point is im pretty sure i have an exhaust leak on the stock one since when i seafoam my car it smokes from the downpipe into the engine bay...and for the slight performance gain...but i figured it would be better to go ahead and get a header instead of trying to find the exhaust leak in mine and trying to repair it..

i know it wont be much..sometimes even 1-2hp if that but i wanted the 4-2-1 to help my low-mid range..

and like i said i have a leak in my stock one so i figured id spend $60 to replace it with a header instead of paying to fix it..not exactly knowing where the leak is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back