The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

P1105 - Boost Control Solenoid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alIan

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2002
Thousand_Oaks_CA_(near_LA)
I have had this engine code for about 6 months now, and after reading up on the purpose of the BCS (WARM starts - extra fp), i decided that i'd be patient and just keep clearing the code every time it came up (about once a week). I checked my BCS with a vacuum pump and a v/o meter, and it works FINE. NOTE: my boost gauge is tapped at the BCS, in the correct place. Could this be the reason i keep getting the code somehow? can i bypass the BCS entirely and just forget about it?? i dont care if it functions, i just want this code to stop showing up :).

thanks
ian

check the code to see what the ecu doesn't agree with. Turn on/off the car 5 times leave on the fifth time and count the number of times the CEL blinks. (ex. 3 blinks,2blinks,1 blink, 4 blinks ====#3214) then consult a 'Chilton's' manual to see what that number refers to in the engine overhaul section. If you don't have one already, buy one.

P.S. I was under the impression that the boost gauge should be tapped into the intake manifold. not the Boost Control Solenoid? ??? :confused: If it's tapped at the BCS, then your reading what the turbo is putting out, not what is actually being forced into the intake manifold. Plus, it won't show any leaks in the plumbing, etc. :dsm:

You are getting the BCS (Boost Control Solenoid) confused with the FPS(Fuel Pressure Solenoid).

The BCS is by the aircan, the FPS is on the firewall by the intake manifold. The ECU checks the electrical signal to the BCS. If you have it removed because you have an aftermarket boost controller, you will at least need to have the BCS plugged in even if no vacumm lines are hooked up to it, to aviod the CEL.

L2RTSiAWD said:
You are getting the BCS (Boost Control Solenoid) confused with the FPS(Fuel Pressure Solenoid).

The BCS is by the aircan, the FPS is on the firewall by the intake manifold. The ECU checks the electrical signal to the BCS. If you have it removed because you have an aftermarket boost controller, you will at least need to have the BCS plugged in even if no vacumm lines are hooked up to it, to aviod the CEL.
Exactly.

wow i feel like a total moron :) i definitely know the difference between the BCS and the FPS, i just somehow wrote the wrong one down. my BCS is plugged in and no vac lines run to it. It is the FPS... i just dont want to spend 80 bucks on one at the god damn dealer (even though i tested mine per the hanes manual and it is fine).

If anybody knows a place to order solenoids CHEAP.... let me know PLEASE!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back