The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G P0300 check engine light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey_Dsm

Probationary Member
Nov 1, 2021
Layton, Utah, Utah
I know what the code means and how it can be a major issue. I’m running my 95 factory ECU on my DSM with a 98 motor I believe. I don’t have ECMLink quite yet so I can’t invert the cam angle sensor to the ECU.

I swapped the spark plug wires around to be able to drive the car. I read about how later on down the road it’d give a check engine light, I remember reading that I would have to move the fuel injector plugs around to get rid of it. The issue is I couldn’t find a post that told me in what order the fuel injectors had to be put in.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or let me know what to fix I’d really appreciate it! Still new to the platform so forgive me but I’m really stumped at the moment.

Where the motor came from isn't the issue. It's the electronics. i assume you're using a 2gb cam sensor? and you're running a 95 harness and ecu?

Best way to fix this problem is to put your intake cam gear and 95-96 cam sensor on your 98 head.

Just my opinion

No swapping plug wires or injectors.

-Daniel

Where the motor came from isn't the issue. It's the electronics. i assume you're using a 2gb cam sensor? and you're running a 95 harness and ecu?
That would be correct

Best way to fix this problem is to put your intake cam gear and 95-96 cam sensor on your 98 head.

Just my opinion

No swapping plug wires or injectors.

-Daniel
What if I don’t have the original sensor? The previous owners had blown the motor up so they swapped it with another

What if I don’t have the original sensor? The previous owners had blown the motor up so they swapped it with another
You can buy them used somewhere.

Or pull the trigger on ECMLink and ask them to do the 97+ mod or invert the CAS signal.

Or wait for Paul to tell you

-Daniel

I sent my 95 ecu into ecmlink. I have a 99 gsx running a 2gb cas.

I told them I didn’t want to swap plug wires or injectors or invert the cas signal. They then said not a problem as we can do the 97+ mod to your ecu.

What is it exactly well I guess you’ll have to ask Thomas that. The ecu had tape with what they did as far as caps and fixing the injector drivers I believe. It also had 97+ mod on it.

-Daniel

I can't find the information. I want to say if you don't have ECMlink you will always get those misfire codes because you can't invert the cas signal. I also want to say you can't run a 2ga cas on your 98 head because there aren't mount provisions for it. So even if you had it, wouldn't matter.

You can run a 95-96 cas on a 97+ head.

First picture is the original 99 head from my car.
Second is the head stamp for the 99
Third is a 95 head
Fourth is the head stamp for the 95

Added a 5th picture of the current 97 head on my car.

-Daniel

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
So the way I can get rid of the P0300 code it’s throwing is by either jumping the gun and getting ecmlink so I can be able to invert the cas, Or run a 95-96 cas on the head? Would a black box ecu also be able get rid of the engine light because it’d be on the proper firing order? Just trying to figure out my options since the car runs and drives, i just don’t want cause any damage to the motor.
But that’s the general idea I’ve gotten from the replies I’ve received

Not saying you couldn’t run a 97 or a 98-99 black box but then your engine harness is still a 95 cas plug. Now you’re gonna either hack it up and make it work or buy an adapter harness to run it to the other side of the motor and plug in to the 2gb cas anyway.

I suggest jumping the gun on ecm link as it’s personally one of the best upgrades for a dsm. Or as I said before grab a 95-95 cas and intake gear. Easier to get ecmlink though LOL

-Daniel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back