The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A P0104 98 eclipse non turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bboyroxas

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2012
gallardo, Tennessee
My engine light came one today it was hot I was using the AC it read at code P0104. I have a short ram intake so I don't know what it could be did it hear get worked. Also I had some corrosion buildup around the battery what does that mean?

Attachments

• image-4022522113.jpg
    image-4022522113.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 49
  • image-4194703397.jpg
    image-4194703397.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 51
Battery corrosion is a natural element with batteries, you can combat this by taking your connectors off, using a wire brush and brushing the corrosion off, then apply petrollium jelly to your battery posts then re-connect your negative and positive connectors.
As for your code, did you have this ran at AutoZone?

a wire brush and baking soda or some battery acid detector and cleaner from an auto store will clean those cables up really well. as for the code, a P0104 is a mass air flow code. the 420a engine doesn't use a mass air flow meter it uses a map sensor. are you sure the code readout was correct??

The 420a doesn't use a MAF.

Even though the code typically means MAF malfunction, that's just a generic definition used for most OBDII vehicles. I would start by checking the IAT sensor and anything else intake related.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back