The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Oxygen Sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeinetripp

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2006
Duluth, Minnesota
I've had the car tuned a little, not a pure tune like MAP/DB Performance offers, just a simple step by step on the interwebs.
Since I've got this down into the ECU via DSMLink, I'm curious if it's possible to switch over to the OEM O2 sensor as the ECU's throwing codes for the (WB)O2.
I can't imagine that it will hurt anything down the road as the O2 just relays values into the ECU and the ECU is already predetermined with a tune from when the WBO2 was still in good shape.
I'm on a budget, imagine that, but if necessary I will get a new WBO2 sensor, but since I've got the original O2, I'd rather just swap that in quick.

This won't work when your car is running in closed loop mode. The ECU makes changes to adjust the AFR's from the O2 feedback signal. You should replace the WBO2 sensor if it is bad. Also these 2 sensor are different in every way they work and the signal they produce making them not interchangeable electrically.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back