The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Oxygen Sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonTurbo95

Probationary Member
Aug 30, 2007
Pleasant Plain, Ohio
If my O2 Sensor is bad or if it is not getting enough air to it, Will it cause my car to Iadal funny and miss? Because i have a hole in my exhaust before the Catalytic Converter.

The second O2 sensor does nothing. It is only there for emissions. The first one could make your car idle bad. Dont think it would make it miss though. That could be bad plugs or wires. Front O2 sensor is crucial for tuning your car.

Usually if it is your O2 sensor(s) then they throw a code, but sometimes not. Always check the cheap things first like spark plugs and wires. Maybe invest in a ohm meter to test connections of sensors and such to tell if they are bad or not.

Well it doesn't really miss in a way it sounds like it sometimes but when you rev it up to about 1500 rpm it sounds good. We i idled it up because if you had it in gear when you come to a stop it would almost die it would just bog down. right now my car idles at 1100 then when you put it in gear it idles between400-600. But it says my car should idle fine at 750 but when we have it idling at 750 and you put it in gear it wants to die because it idles down a lot when you put it in gear.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back