The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Over the last 6 months

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylerrh84

Probationary Member
Feb 8, 2022
League City, Texas
1991 Eclipse GSX

Mileage 82,XXX

Forest green paint in pretty good condition. I was told it was repainted around a decade ago. It has clear coat scratches on hood, top, and rear hatch from cats climbing on the car (Previous owner).

The car has no serious rust. Surface rust here and there.

I bought the car about 7 months ago. It was a one owner, I am the second owner.

The vehicle had been sitting for about 5-6 years, mostly in a garage. The clutch was slipping and it had a bad vibration when under load driving.

It did not come with stock rims. I put bronze Method Rally 501s on it. Looks good.

WORK DONE:

Pulled transmission to replace clutch. In the process, when draining the tranny, I noticed the fluid had a lot bronze flake in it. I took it to a transmission shop, they checked it all out and advised I replace the syncros and bearing (Syncros, bearings, and seals were replaced). I replaced clutch.

Replaced rear main seal.

I drained and replaced all fluids (oil, transmission, differential, coolant, transfer case, fuel tank (replaced fuel filter).

Replaced timing belt, balancer belt, water pump, and all pullies. Gates timing belt.

Replaced thermostat

Replaced all u-joints

Filled carrier With window weld. The bearings were in good condition.

Replaced fuel pump

Rebuilt front calipers

Rebuilt throttle body

Replaced injector o-rings

Deleted EGR

Deleted evap canister

It had a high loping idle, so I deleted idle air control. Now it starts and runs smooth every time.

Runs and drives great.

Thanks for all the threads that everyone has contributed too. They were a lot of help through this process.

Welcome Tyler,

Looks like you’ve done a lot of work in the past few months. Congrats on getting it running well.

Check out this thread for some helpful links, specifically setting up a vehicle profile/build thread for you to post updates like this with photos so we can keep up with your progress.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back