The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 93 TSi Over heating.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeClaire7

Probationary Member
May 31, 2010
Morrisonville, New_York
The car will sit there and idle for as long as i need it too. With no problems at all. But the minute i rev it a little bit, it starts steaming a gets wicked hot.

And another thing, if im to drive the car normally, not getting onto it, it runs great. The minute i get onto it, it starts popping a skipping? Any ideas would be helpful.

Running Leeeaaaaan.

Pull your plugs and check them.

Is the car smoking at all?

Is your coolant vanishing?

Are you having trouble with 'getting it up'? ...Kidding on that one.

Check the basics first. Report back with finds.

the popping and skipping is called fuel cut...what boost are you running at? do you have a boost controller setup? because if your getting fuel cut than like kei said your running lean.... if you have a boost controller than unplug it and see if it makes it run any better...

The coolant does vanish, and it does smoke a little.

I have a stock boost controller on it for now. I bought the car not running, and finally got it running. Now that i know theres some life in it, ill start getting all the bugs out of it. Thanks for the help.

the popping and skipping is called fuel cut...what boost are you running at? do you have a boost controller setup? because if your getting fuel cut than like kei said your running lean.... if you have a boost controller than unplug it and see if it makes it run any better...
What is the kei?

I used to have that problem but I have a 420a and it took me a while to figure out what it was and for me it was that I needed some coolant and a new thermostat mYbe you should try that

Changed the head gasket, put it all back together, ran great. Let it sit over night, got home and started tinkering with it. Now it smokes, white with a light blue haze in it. And it sounds like it has a massive cam in it. Not sure if it's a warped head or what. Any information is GREATLY appreciated.

Changed the head gasket, put it all back together, ran great. Let it sit over night, got home and started tinkering with it. Now it smokes, white with a light blue haze in it. And it sounds like it has a massive cam in it. Not sure if it's a warped head or what. Any information is GREATLY appreciated.

Does the smoke smell like oil or coolant? Also did you already check for vacuum/boost leaks? Whats your compression at? Sounds like it's warped, or not torqued down properly enough though.

If you replaced the head gasket, did you check for warp? Also try to re-torque the head, and if it sounds like it has a massive cam, it sounds to me like you have an exhaust leak on the manifold. The tint of blue smoke may mean the head gasket is torn between an oil gallery and water jacket

The smoke is no longer white. Just blue, my exaust is on it's way. Didn't know just an exaust could do that. I'm going to try and re-torque the head and see what that does. if it doesn't do anything, ill check and see if the head is warped anywhere. Are these motors zero clearance? or can i get the head resurfaced if it's not too bad? The smoke smells like old stale gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back