The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

over heating

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackedoutgst

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2009
gate city, Virginia
ive been driving my 95 gst for about 5 months with no problems. And yesterday i went to go to work and made it half way when i notice my car getting hot.so i finally pulled over at a gas station and it overheats bad spilling atifreeze everywhere. So when i got it hauled back home i figured the hose was bad but it wasnt > And i havent got a clue on this car since its my first.

First check all your hoses and the thermostat could be stuck closed. Is coolant flowing at operating temp, water pump working? This would be a good place to start, good luck :thumb:

Yea there's a number of things it could be..

1st thing i would do is refill the system with coolant/water and see if the overheating continues... make sure to burp the system!

Then you can start narrowing it down to:
*Bad Radiator cap
*Bad thermostat
*Failed Waterpump
*Radiator clogg
*Headgasket
*Cracked head/block

I had the same problem i couldn't figure it out until the other day i squeezed the upper radiator hose and noticed that the coolant was coming out of the radiator cap. Easy fix $7 at autozone.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back