The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Outlander brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the 95 TALON AWD the only DSM to come rear vented rotors? I used to have a 95 TSI, it had the "good" rear brakes. The 95 GSX i have right now has the normal small and $hitty rear's on it.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the 95 TALON AWD the only DSM to come rear vented rotors? I used to have a 95 TSI, it had the "good" rear brakes. The 95 GSX i have right now has the normal small and $hitty rear's on it.

Vented rear rotors are unique to the '95 models produced in early 1994, Eclipse and Talon. So a "1995" model year produced in late '94 or early '95 isn't likely to have vented rear rotors, or the other factory goodies that Early 95's are known for.

So the answer to my question is - NO, there is not a thread dedicated to the rear upgrade with the part numbers in it like the Outlander front upgrade thread. I seen the part numbers here, I was inquiring about a dedicated thread more.

Not yet. ;)

MB857904 SUPPORTRR BRAKE CALIPE

Hey wes, This look good? Im wondering if it'll be worth the extra 200 to do the rear after doing the outlander up front. Im switching to braided steel on all 4. What do you think?
Anyone have any noticeable difference? My car is a weekend street only car, no racing yet

Just gotta say i received my new calipers/brackets, rotors and pads today for the outlander upgrade. WHOA! These things are massive!!! I dont think ill ever need to touch the back brakes. Hopefully installing and putting in the braided steel lines tonight. Just wow..... fn massive compared to 2g fwds

Nice find! Man, i checked amazon too. Guess they were out of stock then.
Update: After installing the outlander brakes i wondered how i ever drove without them. Such a big difference.

I put outlander brakes on my 1G, and man, what a dif. Then I put the brake booster and master cylinder from a 3g, and man, what an even bigger dif! I LOVE my brakes!

Also, Habitat, good looking on the amazon links. That would be a good option for those that are unable to find find them in a junk/salvage yard.

^^^^I didnt even change out my master. Its on the list though. Thanks for the feedback

I havethe Outlander upgrade installed on my car, I'll take some pictures tonight. I have to take the wheels off anyway to clean the rust off the calipers and paint them.

What's a good upgrade for 1G rear brakes? 2g brakes?

Cant 1g guys use the early 95 big rear brake too?

Broke down and ordered 2 also when it said 2 left. After I ordered it still said only 2 left :hmm:

EDIT: now it says currently unavailable, guess I got the last two.

Told my wife to order me a set before I posted this.....and she didn't.....and now they're gone! :banghead:

What's a good upgrade for 1G rear brakes? 2g brakes?
Cant 1g guys use the early 95 big rear brake too?
Not without loosing the parking brake. It may also require brackets, spacers and a few other things, but very little info is out there 'cause almost no one has ever bothered to try it.

Not without loosing the parking brake. It may also require brackets, spacers and a few other things, but very little info is out there 'cause almost no one has ever bothered to try it.

Ah, thanks for the info! I guess I'll just keep them stock then. The front Outlanders provide more than enough stopping power anyway. :thumb:

Told my wife to order me a set before I posted this.....and she didn't.....and now they're gone! :banghead:

My buddy got the other two ROFL

I do not have ABS.

Also, pedal engagement is 200 million times better now that with the stock booster and mc.

I have ABS and so does the guy I know that did the swap. Makes me wonder how much its worth it for people with ABS

Dude, WTF!!!!???? Lol, im glad people are finding these but when i shopped for mine, they were NOWHERE to be found. Get them. asap. I had to spend 255 total. Thats buying a front set of used gsx and using them as a core charge for napa. I did end up with new brakes but still, getting brackets is way cheaper and better if you can.

Btw, just for clarification: I would be looking for a 3rd gen eclipse master cylinder and brake booster correct? I want to improve the feel a bit more and a larger cylinder would do that. Not sure what the bigger booster would do, im sure it'd help but how much?
Does it matter if its a '64 or a v6? Are there differences?

I counted a total of 5 available between 2 sellers on ebay. Grab em boys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back