The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Our Personal Best 9.5 @ 148 MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97GSTAT

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2001
Wichita, Kansas
Hey just wanted to let you'll know our shop car, Fusionworks Racing, just set our best pass to date with a 9.55 @ 148 MPH. This was the first race of the season for us with a completely new motor setup and only the 3rd time at the track with the automatic as well. We are thinking we still have about 30-40% left in the car as well. Here are some vids we took of the car starting from right off the trailer to finals. Oh and this happen at the Kansas City Import Faceoff. :hellyeah:

10.14 @ 143.35 MPH right off the trailer
YouTube - Ray qualifying round 1

9.85 @ 145.56 MPH
YouTube - Ray qualifying round 2

9.63 @ 145.96
YouTube - Ray Qualifying Round 3

9.55 @ 148.27 MPH
YouTube - Ray Round 2 Final

did he win the last one. couldn't tell. and thats a gst??

It's a 99 GSX that was converted to an A/T. Tired of breaking M/T's. :) Other then open downpipe, it's fully street legal. Tagged and insured. And we did pull out the win on the last race. That little rotary launches crazy, he pulled a 1.40 60' to our 1.53 60'. It was our 9.5 to his 9.9 @ 135 MPH. Like I said we still have room to go as this was our first time at the track this year.

Mods list is.....

Mild stroked 4G63...was a 2.3 for the last 4 years
BC 288's....waiting for a custom grind Kelford set
Kiggly Beehive springs
Saum Engineering Ported Head.....local machine shop here but nationally know.
AMS Race Intake Manifold
Shearer Top mount Divided Exhaust
BW S372 turbo
PTE 750HP Intercooler core....going bigger now found the limits of it.
ID 2000cc injectors
AEM EMS
MSD ignition
ZEX direct port nitrous setup
IPT trans and billet converter

about all I can remember right now.

Nasty!!!!!:thumb::hellyeah::D
I love to see these automatics emerging at the drag strip more often nowadays:thumb:
Makes me wonder what if.....:hmm:

Congrats!!! Would you mind telling what kind of power that car is putting down at the wheels?

Congrats!!! Would you mind telling what kind of power that car is putting down at the wheels?

As of now we are thinking at or above 700 at the wheels. Unfortunately we only have a FWD dyno at our disposal, so we are not for sure. We are full weight minus a carbon fiber hood. And the MPH backs our thinking as well. We have our own sponsored drag event May 22th so we are going to see how much more is really in this car. We'll keep you'll posted. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Congrats on the times. Looks very good. Hope to see you get more out of it. I just started my daughters AWD Auto build. I am looking for a Precision 750 intercooler so if you decide to get rid of that one let me know. :D

Jim C.

i would love to see this car run some more.. great times at KCIR this weekend man i was there and had a blast! i did get to see your ride and loved it! im diging the paint on it. ill see if i got a few pic's i can post up for you. also PM me when your drags are going on ill try to make it.

i would love to see this car run some more.. great times at KCIR this weekend man i was there and had a blast! i did get to see your ride and loved it! im diging the paint on it. ill see if i got a few pic's i can post up for you. also PM me when your drags are going on ill try to make it.

Thanks for all the compliments people. As you all know a DSM is a headache most of the time, but when it does what you want it can't be beat. :thumb:

And if you can send me the pics please do. I'll PM you the details of our 1st up coming event.

Here's the only good pic I can find so far of th car. Cliff the promoter for the IFO series took it. We were just to busy to remember to take pics. LOL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That car has come a long way. I remember talking to you guys at LAST year's KC IFO race when you were having issues. Good to see you have the car sorted out. Congrats! :thumb:

Lol, yeah last year was a challenging year. The IFO last year in KC was our first with the A/T setup. And we were more there to get feed back on what the car was going to do. A week later we ended up getting everything squared away and ran a 9.9 here in Wichita. But we also lifted the head as well. Like I said 2.3 we had last year was the same motor we'd use for the last 4 years. Thanks again we are planning on pushing it more May 22nd here as well for our own Import race, Fusionworks Drags. Hopefully some of you KC guys can make it down for it. :thumb:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back