The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Our New Project Car 71 240z

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just found one of the nicest Z-cars I've ever seen. Great body work on the front spoiler.

Ebay Link

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Drool

autronicDSM said:
OMG I just found a reason to get rid of my car.
Damn that was what I was going to do with mine :cry: Quit dredging up memories :cry: :cry: This was mine up until a year ago. This is the first picture before I dropped money in the engine and rear end. Sold it for alot less that it was really worth. I regret everyday ridding myself of that car.

Attachments

• z73.JPG
    z73.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 176
Yeah... That Gold one is nice. But I think I found one that blows it away...

I'm not a fan of those fenders, but for track car they work, I guess. Another Z car that I like is darius240z.com

pianoman said:
Don't the 240/280z's have close to 50/50 weight split?

Man after seeing some of those Z's and the one up top, makes me wanna dump my dsm asap and get a Z. They are way hotter then 1g's could ever hope to be. How fast are the stock inline 6cyl Z's?
49/51 weight distro 50/50 with the proper v-8 swap. I got mine up to 140(stock engine and a 4 speed) but it was way too shakey. Dumped money into my 3.1 stroker got about the same top speed but got there way quicker. Started out wtih 130 wheel horse ended up with 220. Now the car only weighs 2650 lbs with manual trans. Poor cars suffered from bad carbs(you were lucky to get round tops SU's most got flat tops) Guys with moderately done v-8's(300 horse) are getting 11 second quarters with trap speeds of 120. I have the v-8 conversion manual if anyone wants it, its published by JTR(jags that run)

Redmachine said:
49/51 weight distro 50/50 with the proper v-8 swap. I got mine up to 140(stock engine and a 4 speed) but it was way too shakey. Dumped money into my 3.1 stroker got about the same top speed but got there way quicker. Started out wtih 130 wheel horse ended up with 220. Now the car only weighs 2650 lbs with manual trans. Poor cars suffered from bad carbs(you were lucky to get round tops SU's most got flat tops) Guys with moderately done v-8's(300 horse) are getting 11 second quarters with trap speeds of 120. I have the v-8 conversion manual if anyone wants it, its published by JTR(jags that run)

I knew it was right at or around the corner to 50/50. Is that 2650 the curb weight or without 4 people and no fluids? If I can find one with no rust, I think I'll push my dsm off a cliff. Hows the tranny and I6 motors as far as quality and durability? Didn't sombody take a viper motor and stuff it under the hood of one of these?

pianoman said:
I knew it was right at or around the corner to 50/50. Is that 2650 the curb weight or without 4 people and no fluids? If I can find one with no rust, I think I'll push my dsm off a cliff. Hows the tranny and I6 motors as far as quality and durability? Didn't sombody take a viper motor and stuff it under the hood of one of these?
Highly unlikely that they stuffed a v-10 in there. Only 2 people can get in the car(2 seats ONLY) and it's curb weight with fluids and a 200 lb man. THe motors are tuff, the tranny is only a 4 speed, and the rear end, a r-180 is alright for about 300 horse, then you swap up to a r-200 that is good for well into 800 horse. You can swap in a 280zx 5 speed tranny, they are pretty stout. You can also swap in a l28 turbo(inline 6) that is good for what you are making witha stock 4g63 210 wheel horse.
The websites I've mentioned above are full of defiant types who love these cars, I myself am a young-un but have been unimpressed with anything less that zcars. In their day they could walk all over anything on the track(autocross) and today with new supsension tech they can run with the skylines and rx-7's.

Redmachine said:
In their day they could walk all over anything on the track(autocross)
Other than a nicely set-up 510.

And Zs weren't taking their class in the SCCA runoffs fifteen years after being out of production. The roadsters were. :D

MyBlack94GST said:

w0rd. hook it up for me too, Ive always wanted on oldschool 240 OMG

edit: possibility of a SR20 swap? :D

I didnt know this many people on tuners liked Z cars, I just love there lines.

AK1RA07 said:
w0rd. hook it up for me too, Ive always wanted on oldschool 240 OMG

edit: possibility of a SR20 swap? :D
A better would be a rb26det. It's already been done and it's a proven swap. The car is a red fairlady, and he runs 10's

lasteclispe said:
rb26det? they converted it into a single turbo?
you can buy them as single turbo engines, they also have RB26DETT which is the twin turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back