The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Our Auto DSM makes 816whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice work guys, that thing shifts faster then the 5-speed ever could! What RPM's are you shifting at? I think I saw you wondering around our shop last week with our ME Joe. If I would have known who you were I would have shot the s*&@ with ya :ohdamn: Anyway, nice work and I can't wait for some track results! :hellyeah:

I was talking to one of your guys at the shop about your car, I was kinda snooping under your cardboard over by the dyno. You should give us a call out at the shop. Jeff

Its is a 2g auto, but we are not using lock up. They said the Lock up will not hold that kinda power :(.

You really think your going to go up 300hp by going from 30psi to 40-45psiROFL. Your not even making what most people make on a 35r car on pump.:boring:

Dude....Why? They are both awesome cars and unless there is some unknown local grudge there is just no need for talk like this. :toobad:

Lucas is proven no doubt but KaizenSpeed Talon is far from running on kill. ;)

They are just taking it easy on everything and getting the driver used to the car again.

42r cars can make about 40 H.P. per pound of boost jackass.

Wow that means they are going to make like 400hp more going from 30 to 40psi and 600 more hp going from to 45psi. You really think they are going to go from 570FWHP not 570awhp to well over 1000fwhp or 900awhp jackass. Give me a ####ing brake.

Wow that means they are going to make like 400hp more going from 30 to 40psi and 600 more hp going from to 45psi. You really think they are going to go from 570FWHP not 570awhp to well over 1000fwhp or 900awhp jackass. Give me a ####ing brake.

Way to ruin the thread, thanks. Let me ask you a question. It is generally accepted that for every one pound of boost you add you gain "about" 10hp on a stock flowing turbo right? Now, wouldn't it be reasonable to say that it would be higher on a turbo that flows way more, like the gt42? So lets say every pound of boost added would be about 15hp. If he adds 15 pounds of boost that would be 225hp. That would net him 795hp. That's pretty close to 814hp and it would be an awesome race to see.

typical dyno #s i've seen of 42r cars under 30psi is usually under 600whp. It's in the 40psi+ range they shine

That's exactly right. Just because you THINK its not possible, doesn't mean it's not. I know a car that made right at 40 hp more, for every pound of boost. That's without nitrous too. 900 whp is common for a 42r car beiotch!

Brian you are one funny guy, we need to go drink some beers real soon. I want to also say that I look forward to the sexy grandma car at the track it should be pretty fun. As far as only making 574 at 30 psi I personally feel that number is real low. I make on this car when it was 5 sp 594 @ 23 psi and 700 ish at 30 psi. Of course my numbers are from the more accurate Dyno Jet. Also to the debate of how much whp is created by 1 lb of boost. This car from mid 30 psi to 40 psi makes roughly 40 whp per lb. Anyway I'm looking forward to some very awaited passes with my new setup. Hope we can set some new interesting bench marks. We should be up and racing in 3 weeks, I need everything nice and shinny.

I too have been to Yakima Raceway, and had the exact same problems with the tech people. I now have a copy of the NHRA rule book page signed by the NHRA just for these Hill Billy idiots.

Jeff Bush
owner/driver

Also, before we hear the whole Dyno Dynamics debate over how it reads so much lower than the Jet ( which we know it does ) remember Jeff's car has always been dynoed in AWD vs FWD so that in itself makes a diff also. No argument over will it make power from 30-40psi especially since the 42's gonna be in its efficiency or sweet spot then but there does seem like you have alot of ground to cover judging by the present numbers on 30-32psi. Throw some bigger squirters in there and crank that shit up. G/L

Wow, now that were WAY off the original post topic I think its safe to say that we should get back on track. By the end of the season I think both cars will be very close to each other. Lets just leave it at that. Keep in mind also, a HP number is just a number. The way to tell if a car is making power is the trap speed.

Just wondering what brand of tranny fluid you guys are running in the auto and also what type of cooler.Im building an auto gsx and just would like to know what size of cooler should be used for that much horsepower.And id also like to ask will the aem log the tranny temps during a run.Nice 1g i hope you guys hit 8 sec this year.

As recommended by IPT I'm using Amsoil. We also log the trans temps at the hot side cooler line just out of the trans. This needs to be a 400* temp sensor. I'm unsure of who makes the sensor, I got mine from John Reed Racing and Tuning.

Jeff Bush

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back