The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Our Auto DSM makes 816whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasEnglish

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Washougal, Washington
Well on Jeff Bush ETS/English racing built 1g we have swaped it over to a Auto to see what we can do. Have had a few set backs but are moving forward. Just need to work on the launch with the N20 and we should be good. Got all the shift points set with the AEM so it should be super easy for jeff to drive:)

Here is our dyno vid on English Racing new 424 DynoJet
YouTube - Jeff Bush's 814whp English Racing/ ETS built Ethonal powered 42R 1G IPT Automatic

Here is our prev link about the car and the 961whp it does on the 5spd.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/326615-jeff-bush-42r-1g-sets-new-personal-hp-961whp.html

Good job guys!! Ill have to bring the Talon down and see what it will do on a DynoJet. Cant wait to line up against you guys. Should be one hell of a show.

Its buillet IPT 2G conveter.

I would love to see what your car does on a DJ. We are having our 1st open house Dyno day this Sat and Sunday.

The car lost just what we thought it would through the Auto. It will ET faster then it ever has if we get the Launch right.

Very Nice! How much n20 are you going to launch with? I launch with a 75 shot on a stock converter. It usually pulls 1.7 60ft's with street tires. Is this one going to the track soon?

I have a 40shot now to get it up on the conveter that turns off at 5k. Dont need the N20past 5k. Plan on setting the 2step at 5.5k which will be around 15psi. Hope we can set it up like this so we can just be ready and once we let off the break its out hard.

I think we may bump it to a 60 shot to get it up faster and have it come back on for a split sec right when we come out.

That should work great. Keep up the good work.

So the auto made 140hp less than the 5-speed on the same setup? That is disheartening.

It still has the same crank horse power but due to more moving parts it doesn't seem like it puts more to the wheels. Since it is an auto over 5-Speed it will lose trap speed but make up for it in E.T's.

Are you running the dual flex plate, if so? What kind of converter bolts are ya"ll running? My partners wife's 1g AWD was ripping the heads off the bolts and think we lost the converter.

Using the Kiggly flex plate. Quite a nice peace.

What's the torque numbers on the 5-speed vs. auto? My internet connection is horribly slow right now, so I can't watch for the dyno slips.

EDIT: I see it made 619WTQ with the 5-speed.
EDIT2: Finally loaded. 479WTQ with the auto.

Can't go off dyno numbers for auto cars, especially torque. I'm assuming the converter was unlocked during the pulls just based off the number differences. The dyno causes weird things with converters and the numbers will lie. With a lockup it's more realistic. In reality he probably only lost about 30whp, maybe 40-45 max, going to the auto. I've had customers who's cars I tuned one day, then next week they bolted on more parts and put a bigger converter in, get back on the same dyno and "lose" 30whp, only to go to the track and GAIN 4mph. After seeing this trend repeat on lots of cars and setups I've pretty much lost faith in the accuracy of dyno numbers on an auto car.

put a bigger converter in

What do you mean by bigger converter? Higher stall of larger diameter?

Back on the subject of these dyno numbers, I find them pretty fantastic for an auto and an AWD!

What's the best pass on the MT transmission? I'll be very interesting to compare the before and after numbers. :)

Nice work guys, that thing shifts faster then the 5-speed ever could! What RPM's are you shifting at? I think I saw you wondering around our shop last week with our ME Joe. If I would have known who you were I would have shot the s*&@ with ya :ohdamn: Anyway, nice work and I can't wait for some track results! :hellyeah:

The shift points are 9500-9800rpm.

What do you mean by bigger converter? Higher stall of larger diameter?

Back on the subject of these dyno numbers, I find them pretty fantastic for an auto and an AWD!

What's the best pass on the MT transmission? I'll be very interesting to compare the before and after numbers. :)

bigger as in RPM. The particular example I mentioned was a V8 car that went from a 2800 stall to a 3200.

Wow, car looks really good! Glad to see another one in the Auto club. Im guessing you are running a 2g trans in that thing? Did you lock up the converter on the dyno at all?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back