The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Ostar Motorsports New Fastest and Quickest Stock Block 4G63

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much does it weigh again? Really interested in what was the last time you ran with a standard non-dogbox? It seems the dogbox cars are night and day faster then the standard boxes. You and Dave cars have jumped great lengths with a trans swap. Most including me, just cant drop that amount of cash on a part that can and will still break. I'm thinking of buying the magnus version, as it's the cheapest thus far. I'm wondering if there is a more affortable way, other then the auto swap to make a trans last. Is there cheaper version of the ppg set or another dogbox out there?

I only put on the dogbox when i did because I got a great deal from Mike Rizz but the car would have ran 9's on the shep stage 3. It would have to have an evo3 1st gear to make things easier for you but there is no question on my mind that it can run the times with the std box. Yes it will improve your times with the dogbox but it wont be night and day. We sell an Albins dog set thats cheaper but I would save the money and get a ppg honestly. Pm me and I will give you pricing on the PPG if you wish.

ps. I have personally ran 9.5 on a Galant vr4 with a shep stage 4 and never had a trans issue.

congrats on the bad ass times! Just proves e85/e98 is jesus juice

Thanks brother :hellyeah:

Glad to see my old trans is doing work! Didn't have luck with 2nd gear and after two of them I got pissed and sold it.

Does it have any more in it? Would love to see it crack an 8.99

stm got close.

9.436 @ 147.01
- Fastest Stock Block
- Fastest Stock Frame Turbo of the year
- Fastest FP Red

Stock Motor (head has never been off, oil pan has never been off)
FP Red Ball Bearing
E85 (pump)
AEM
2312 pounds (without driver)
518 HP

stm got close.

9.436 @ 147.01
- Fastest Stock Block
- Fastest Stock Frame Turbo of the year
- Fastest FP Red

Stock Motor (head has never been off, oil pan has never been off)
FP Red Ball Bearing
E85 (pump)
AEM
2312 pounds (without driver)
518 HP

Dude that was in the evo not dsm

They do, however the record holds true to DSM's only in AWD configurations.

so the title of thread is misleading then??

maybe it should have read
"stock block, balanced stock internals, sans balance shafts, ported head, ARP, 6 bolt, twin plate clutch, 5speed, 91 AWD talon , E85, slicks, at OSW on sunday new record set"
:thumb:

Actually, this record stands for both evos and dsms. It's the quickest, fastest, and most powerful 4g63 stock block to date. While its a great effort by stm, Ostar still has them covered by over 7mph and over 200awhp. And that's also in a car weighing 600lbs heavier. IMO, that's pretty much a landslide.....

Actually the quickest stock block 4g63 is 9.19. It's in a rwd BMW, but if you're saying quickest 4g63, this car isn't the quickest. Quickest and fastest stock block dsm, yes...4g63, no.

Actually the quickest stock block 4g63 is 9.19. It's in a rwd BMW, but if you're saying quickest 4g63, this car isn't the quickest. Quickest and fastest stock block dsm, yes...4g63, no.

Okay, quickest and fastest stock block EVO/dsm. I still don't feel that the BMW counts at all. That car was, again, ridiculously light, RWD, which is better for drag racing, imo, and through a th400 automatic, which is more consistent. I also believe Ostar is still the fastest, at 159mph, and also the most powerful at 749awhp. Yes, dyno numbers mean nothing but I'd say a 159mph trap speed is plenty reflective of that power too...

Absolutely impressive! Setting a new standard. Wish I was going to be home to see you guys run at the DSM Shootout this year :/ . Good luck though. I'd love to see an 8.9x!

Okay, quickest and fastest stock block EVO/dsm. I still don't feel that the BMW counts at all. That car was, again, ridiculously light, RWD, which is better for drag racing, imo, and through a th400 automatic, which is more consistent. I also believe Ostar is still the fastest, at 159mph, and also the most powerful at 749awhp. Yes, dyno numbers mean nothing but I'd say a 159mph trap speed is plenty reflective of that power too...

I'm not trying to take away from what this car has accomplished, which is extremely impressive..but don't get too caught up in the weight factor. I know how people tend to skew weight numbers around, been going on since the beginning of dsms in drag racing. I knew curt Brown's old talon really well, as well as what it weighed and it has gone 9.1 @ 160 making more Hp/tq than this car and anyone who knows who curt is knows he ain't no slouch when it comes to banging gears. To say this car is 600lbs heavier than that stm car, you've gotta be on crack...sorry I'm not buying it.

Awesome job gentlemen! Be prepared: the 7-bolt stock block will go 9's during the shootout!

I'm not trying to take away from what this car has accomplished, which is extremely impressive..but don't get too caught up in the weight factor. I know how people tend to skew weight numbers around, been going on since the beginning of dsms in drag racing. I knew curt Brown's old talon really well, as well as what it weighed and it has gone 9.1 @ 160 making more Hp/tq than this car and anyone who knows who curt is knows he ain't no slouch when it comes to banging gears. To say this car is 600lbs heavier than that stm car, you've gotta be on crack...sorry I'm not buying it.

Well, all we can go off is what was quoted and it that is 2930lbs. We can pick this apart all day but the bottom line is the car DID trap 159 and it DID make 759awhp. Those figures can't be argued. To me this is more impressive than the et since it takes the driver out of the equation and I've yet to see another completely stock block 4g63 pull 159mph.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back