The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Ostar Motorsports DSM Pre-Shootout Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OstarMotorsport

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2010
orlando, Florida
Been a tough 2 weeks and we still have work to do but we finally have one of the cars ready, and we're working on 2 more that need to make it. We changed the block for a built unit and also changed over to a better ignition system. The rest of the setup remains the same. :hellyeah:

Big thanks to our team and our sponsors:

Kiggly Racing
Forced Performance
BC Racing
Fuel Injector Clinic
Gato Performance
Torque Solution
CW Pence
Sparktech Ignitions

Ostar Motorsports DSM 900+ HP 2012 Pre-Shootout - YouTube

Awesome job! I'm looking forward to seeing it at the shootout!

Nice, gents! Looking forward to seeing you guys run at the Shootout!

Sweet, car looks alot better in person. :hellyeah:

High 8s or bust? :sneaky:

You guys are in Orlando right? Does your tuner do other cars? I'll drive up there from west palm to get a tune from him.

Last edited:
He can do pretty much any car. He's done anything from 900hp+ honda's to 1200hp+ vipers and so on. Not to mention all the shop customers and our own cars. Send me a pm and I will get you setup.

Saw a photo of this car with a busted driveshaft off the line. So im guessing not too well

The track was prepped really well and very sticky...tons of driveline failures this year.

It always is... That track is pretty much always as good a track as you will find anywhere. It's just that this years cooler temperatures made it that much better.:thumb: (or worse if you broke):|

Well guys we reached a limit to what the stock drive train will take. We were able to use the stock axles , transfer and driveshaft up until the 749whp mark... Now with the new found power we could not keep it together. We will go back to the drawing board and upgrade. The motor feels strong! We cant wait to get her ready and back to the track. The shootout was great! We had a chance to talk to customers and make new friends. We feel honored to have participated and we hope to see you guys again next year.

Here is what happens when track conditions are excellent and you have 900+ whp on stock components...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well guys we reached a limit to what the stock drive train will take. We were able to use the stock axles , transfer and driveshaft up until the 749whp mark... Now with the new found power we could not keep it together. We will go back to the drawing board and upgrade. The motor feels strong! We cant wait to get her ready and back to the track. The shootout was great! We had a chance to talk to customers and make new friends. We feel honored to have participated and we hope to see you guys again next year.

Here is what happens when track conditions are excellent and you have 900+ whp on stock components...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
749awhp on stock drivetrain is impressive. Can you describe your launch technique ,Im impressed I am a big fan of you guys.

Wow is that the rear diff?:ohdamn:OMG

Hey guy's, this is Marcus I met you guy's at the shoot out and we shared a few beers together, talked at length about headgaskets and stuff like that. It's good to see you guy's getting back after it, when you get the drivetrain figured out, this car will be a beast!:thumb:

That's a crazy pile of broken OEM parts! I see the broken driveshaft yoke/u-joint, did you have a loop? Or was that related damage to the t-case?

749awhp on stock drivetrain is impressive. Can you describe your launch technique ,Im impressed I am a big fan of you guys.

Wow is that the rear diff?:ohdamn:OMG

we launched the car around 7k rpm using the ebrake and a good clutch slip :thumb:

No rear diff but everything else did break :notgood:

Thanks for the comment! :thumb:

Hey guy's, this is Marcus I met you guy's at the shoot out and we shared a few beers together, talked at length about headgaskets and stuff like that. It's good to see you guy's getting back after it, when you get the drivetrain figured out, this car will be a beast!:thumb:

Thanks! It was good talking to you guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back