The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Original Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missile Man

Probationary Member
May 7, 2020
Spring, Texas
New here,

I have a 1990 Eagle Talon that I bought in December 1990. It's been parked under a car port since 2005. Hasn't been started since. It has 49K miles on it. The interior is a little moldy and the roof liner is drooping big time. I would like to bring it back to life and maybe even up the turbo on it. Question I have is, what kind of money would I be looking at?

not sure ...was there a problem for you to stop driving it ? ...I wouldn't even think about trying to start it now .too much chance of doing some damage..old fuel and oil ...injectors probably gummed up ..everything has to be drained....gonna need some major maintainance ...but would be a great car to rebuild ...especially you being the original owner

Awesome that your the original owner and you still have it.

Headliners in our cars are one of the easiest to take out and redo yourself. It's real cheap too and can be done in a few hours. Makes a huge difference on how it looks and feels when you're done. As for turbo upgrade, depends how big and what mods are already done.

As Pat mentioned, maintenance, maintenance, maintenance

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/basic-horsepower-upgrades-1g-4g63t.476796/

Here's the story why it got parked. I had moved from California to Texas. My first residence was on some rural property 30 miles from... anywhere. While there, I got a bulge in the front left tire which made it rattle like it was falling apart. It ran just fine nothing wrong with it except it was sometimes hard to get into 3rd. So I parked it. About a few months later I tried to start it, but the battery died. So I went and put a new battery in and it still wouldn't turn over. Next thing you know, 15 years go by. Either I had time and no money or money and no time. What I am afraid of is it costing as much as a new car to bring back to life.

Here's the story why it got parked. I had moved from California to Texas. My first residence was on some rural property 30 miles from... anywhere. While there, I got a bulge in the front left tire which made it rattle like it was falling apart. It ran just fine nothing wrong with it except it was sometimes hard to get into 3rd. So I parked it. About a few months later I tried to start it, but the battery died. So I went and put a new battery in and it still wouldn't turn over. Next thing you know, 15 years go by. Either I had time and no money or money and no time. What I am afraid of is it costing as much as a new car to bring back to life.

First thing to check is to see if you can rotate the engine but make sure there's oil in it first. Use a 1/2 extension on the crank pulley and see if it turns over by hand. Pulling the spark plugs will make it easier so you're not fighting compression. Also make sure there's no signs rodents inside and in the engine bay. Can you share some pics?

all depends what you want from this car and are you gonna do all the labor?..and how is the body ?..a real plus is the low milage ..but things like rubber seals and hoses and fluid deteriorate ..the gas tank has definetly got to be drained...fuel pump .is it gonna be a daily driver or that special car your gonna enjoy and drive on weekends ...put some money and labor into doing the maintenance and find the problem with the starter ...shouldn't be hard to track down ..make it a labor of love !!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back