The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Organic or Non-Organic Foods?

What will it be?

• Only organic foods for me

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • If I know where it's from I'm good

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Food is food who cares

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj-t

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Sacramento, California
I have a little garden in the backyard as a hobby with all the basics that you see in the grocery store. So, one day a friend came by and ask if I would like to give some of what I have grown for her to make a meal for a little get together.

So, few days later I dropped the produce off and returned that night with a few friends and she invited a few friends for dinner. Hanging out just chilling everyone just having a cool time. She made a salad with the lettuce that I have dropped off. Half way into it one of her friends ask, "is this lettuce organic"? I said, no but I grow it myself in my yard its not certified like how you see it at the store but it is grown naturally.

This lady drops the fork onto the plate with a look of disgust on her face and said "I don't eat anything that's not certified organic". WTF who the hell do this B!tch think she is? Now, its just one of those silent awkward minute that nobody says anything excepts with the WTF look on their faces.

Then one of my buddy reach over and grabbed her plate and started eating like there was no tomorrow. I jumped in within seconds the plate was clean. My buddy turned over at her and said, "this salad was better than sex" and stared her up and down a few times. I guess that piss her off and she left. Oh well, more food for use LOL.

So, what are your thoughts on organic and non-organic foods?

Haha thats priceless! I could care less if its organic inorganic. If its grown at someones home properly, chances are its probably better than what you get at the store.

I thought if it was grown in dirt, that makes it organic.

Oh well, if it looks good, I'll eat it.

"Certified organic"? Who decides what's organic? FDA, which is run by the government and Lord knows they've never lied to us LOL

Okay politics talk off. I buy organic stuff sometimes, it has to be on sale though. Sh!t's expensive otherwise and I think they're gouging us sometimes. I mean fuel wise, storage costs, etc. are the same whether the produce is organic or not. It shouldn't be that much more expensive.
And that lady was a moron. You can't escape toxins, preservatives, GM crops, etc. It's a pretty hopeless battle.

I live on a farm all of our animals are organic same with everything we grow in the green house. But some people freak when they come over and eat

What do you mean they freak when they come over to eat?

It is nice to know what is in what you are eating but sometimes I think people get to worked up about these things.

Organic is a joke it's used with dated farming methods that are more dangerous than modern standards for farming. What is the standard for organic? There is none you have no clue what you are buying.

These idiots join organization like green peace and talk counties out of modern farming causing millions to die. One instance 11 million people starved by talking their leaders out of nonoranic farming.

I could go on but no one gives a shit.

Then one of my buddy reach over and grabbed her plate and started eating like there was no tomorrow. I jumped in within seconds the plate was clean. My buddy turned over at her and said, "this salad was better than sex" and stared her up and down a few times. I guess that piss her off and she left.

LOL!! ROFL :applause:

Oranges are the one thing I buy organic at the grocery store, I think they taste better

If im Growing it myself, which i use to have a garden, i do/would grow it organic!! but im not about to spent the extra coin they want at whole foods for their organic food!!

.....You're kidding, right?

You plant it - It grows - You take care of it - Eventually you eat it.

I'm pretty sure shit doesn't get more organic than growing straight out of the damned ground.

The correct response to her would have been " Then you can carry your happy ass right out of my non-organic door."

I think majority of the fruits that we get at the grocery stores are pick early so they can have a longer shelf life while in transportation/store.

When picked early the fruit has not fully ripen to get it full flavor and as some sits in storage (who knows how long) it loses it flavor.

I've talked to a farmer at the local farmers market who is also a commercial apple grower and he says that his apple stores for about 5 months at the local packing house until sold. But the apples are still good. Yeah, they do start to get bad ones the longer it sits but they just sort them out. One thing I forgot to ask him was that is it sorted out to bring to the local farmers market or does the packing house shorts it and ships it out.

Anyone out there has any experience in this field that can chime in?

As for the ones who voted for organic foods only. What made you decide to have only organic products. How long have you been having organic products in your life? Is there any difference in health and lifestyle from before?

Theres more than just organic now..Theres also veganic..Which means instead of all things that used to be living are made into organic fertalizer.. Now veganic is all things that used to grow..Theres a difference..Organic fertalizer can be made of poo and most times is..Veganic is organic living stuff made into compost...

I would prefer to grow my own everything, but I live in an apartment and cannot do that..

Technically what you grew was probably organic, but she wanted a sticker that said organic..Instead of taking your word for it..

I eat the military's food. God knows where it came from.. or how old it is!

One more month. :/

!VEGANIC! Oh, come on. Who's coming up with all this. To me compost is compost, so if I threw in fresh roadkill with it would it still be consider veganic? Or does it has to be once living green matter only?

Veganic compost, organic compost, and regular compost it's still compost at the end. But, different materials that you put in there will give you somewhat different results at the end. Compost is still compost to me.

As for fertilizers like miracle grow and other fertilizers in those forms. What is the difference between those products and organic fertilizer products? From my understanding is that most of your conventional fertilizer are mined or isolated from naturally occurring sources like seaweed, bones, guano, and other raw materials. To produce it in this form machine and science is used. For organic fertilizers its is left in mother natures hands.

Am I right about this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back