The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ordered dsmlink & eprom

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryd

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2001
Bear, Delaware
anything I need to know? My eprom should be here soon and Ill send it out to DSMlink to do whatever it is they need to do to it.. I was reading something about spark plug order?

damn i wish i woulda know you were getting a dsmlink, i would have took that old s-afc off your hands for you, i just bought a brand new afc saturday.

You need to know wether or not you are sending it a 1G signal or 2G (are you using a 1G CAS or not). You will need to figure out your basic default parameters (base idle, rev limit, stutter box, injector size, etc). These will be the default paramters that will be loaded when power gets cut from the ECU. After that, everything is programmable when you get it.

Originally posted by larryd
anything I need to know? My eprom should be here soon and Ill send it out to DSMlink to do whatever it is they need to do to it.. I was reading something about spark plug order?

Be prepared to find out you have more knock than you thought. :(

But also be prepared to have a car that idles like a dream. :)
Also, you will not have to guess anymore when tuning.... you will KNOW I've seen more problems diagnosed correctly with a DSMLink log on the mailing list than I can believe!

Enjoy.

I have a '96, so I didn't have to do anything with spark plugs.

-Brent (DSMLink #109)

Okay, like they said, you will need to know if you plan on using 1g or 2g motor for some basic information that will come already installed on the chip. This is what the car will default to incase the battery ever dies or you disconnect it and don't have something readily available to reprogram it back. I would set idle if it were me at 750. Also, you will need to state your rev limiter and injector size. These all can be changed however within the program, they just won't default back when the power gets cut. As for as the spark plug order, if you are running a 2g motor, you will enable a box for the CAS i believe and then you will need to swap #2 wire into the #4 hold and vica versa (#4 goes in #2). Thats it for the spark plug wires...not to complicated.

He is right about the AFC, its been proven that you probably had alot more knock than you realized despite having nice timing. Also, its alot easier to tune this thing if you have someone helping you in the car to watch knock etc while your doing some pulls. Otherwise, you will have to do a pull and then analyze the results afterwards...You will know if you are knocking more than 5 degrees because the CEL will go off (nice feature). For a daily driver that sees the track occasionally, this is definately the way to go imo.

Good Luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back