The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ordered Baer big brake track kit 13.1"!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazthug

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2003
livermore, California
Cant wait, it will be here Friday

Got it for $699 SHIPPED from www.streetortrack.com and its the full kit with drilled/slotted/zinc washed

I personally wanted just slotted as Im not a big fan of drilled but the slotted and dirlled is their standard style that they always stock, everything else is custom built and takes up to 8 weeks, and these guys had a kit in stock which no one seems to have, and the price was GREAT

So I'm excited to finally have a big brake kit that will hopefully get rid of my fade, because with 365whp slowing down from a small WOT run is no fun and it gets up to speed quickly....

I may finally have enough confidence to take the beast to a track day.

It should fill out my 17x8's very well :D

Having good brakes is nice but what about the brake master cylinder? Would this
need to be upgraded as well? What about the brake lines and the distribution block?

You probably could've saved yourself a lot of money by simply getting a decent set of pads.

All you're doing now is running more rotating weight.

It's a nice kit and looks good too. I bought mine from the same place, but opted to wait for the slotted only rotors which I also prefer like you. Pic in gallery.

Enjoy. They are great. You will instantly realize how crappy the stock setup is.

You will not feel the gain you get with the Baers with simply a set of pads.

I can guarantee you will love your brake set-up. I got mine and never looked back, 100% glad I got them. Best brakes you will ever have.

got them and put them on, wow they look great and they work great too, i still have to bleed them 1 more time, for some reason we bled it twice and still has a bit of air in it...i ordered some speed bleeders to make the job fast and easier

they look great, still breaking them in, but htey grab much harder and dont fade and dont make any weird noises and they came with stainless lines

Im looking at upgrading my brakes as well, since I have worped the crap out of the stock gst setup (& I haven't done any real short high speed stops) I was just wondering what is the weight of the new rotors compared to the stock ones?

Rotors weigh a bit more. Calipers are a lot lighter. To save even more weight, you can get the aluminum hat rotors, but no one that I know of offers a kit with them. It's so worth upgrading them.

If I could go back I'd get the 2 piece rotors. The regular ones are so heavy.

I do two piece Baer replacements....just never mentioned it here. Never thought much of it.

Moved a boat load of them to the Mustang track guys with Mustang/Baer/PBR/Brembo/Cobra one piece rotors. And some to the SHO guys with the Corvette rotor on their kit.

If I did go with that large of a rotor I think I would want the 2 piece rotor, they should be pretty close to the stock rotor weight? Even if it is a~$190 option, I think its worth it while your doing it :thumb:

what are the differences between that kit and the "extreme kit" listed below that for 2k, better capliers? all 4 rotors and capilars? just wondering where the 1300 extra goes...

The top link is the Baer Track kit with the larger than stock 2 piston caliper and 13'' rotor.

The 'Extreme' kit you mention upgrades to a larger 14'' rotor that is a bit thicker than the Track kit. It also comes with a crazy 6 piston caliper.

I have never seen or had experience with the Extreme kit, but I can tell you that the Track kit is a HUGE upgrade over my stock AWD brakes.

Todd TCE said:
I do two piece Baer replacements....just never mentioned it here. Never thought much of it.

Are the rotor hats the proper DSM size for centerbore and wheel studs? Or are they the standard BAER Mustang size center and wheel stud bores. If they were DSM sized, us BAER kit users could ditch the silly centering rings. :)

I was going to ask in a PM, but I suspect that a couple of other BAER kit owners might want to know the answer too.

I recntly got a Baer Big Brake system for my 91 Talon Tsi. I'm in the middle of fitting the 13" rotors but encountered a problem. The new rotor comes in contact with the lower suspension arm, making me think it needs a spacer behind it. I don't know if I'm missing something here but I need around 3/16" clearance on the backside of the rotor for it to work properly. Has anybody coome across a similar problem or am I doing something wrong???

Thanx for any advice

What rotor are you using? Are you using a BAER 13" rotor, or another?

I know there are clearance differences between 1G and 2Gs. I know my 12" BAER 2G kit did not fit without some clearancing on a friend's 1G. I know Mustang Cobra rotor can be made to work on a 1G.

I'm using the 13" rotor that came with the 1G kit. I've only test fitted the drivers side, I'm gonna test fit the passenger side to see if I have the same problem.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I have a front wheel camber kit which could be the cause of the clearance problems, could it be or am I wrong??

I ended up using 5mm spacers behind the 13" rotors to solve my clearance problems. The cause was that I have a camber correction kit (bolt style). If I correct the camber as positive as it goes the rotor fits perfectly but if I give it negative camber then it touches the lower control arm. I still want to correct camber so I had to put a spacer for it to work properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back