The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Orca - 11 sec street rippa

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is your pump to thermostat housing pipe heat wrapped? It looks like it in the picture. If thats right where did you pick up the right size. I need a new pipe and would like to wrap it.

Is your pump to thermostat housing pipe heat wrapped? It looks like it in the picture. If thats right where did you pick up the right size. I need a new pipe and would like to wrap it.
I had left over dei heat wrap so I used it there. I first painted it with vht exhaust paint.

Did it show any noticeable coolant temp results?
Not 100% certain. Think it was last summer it hit 230 going up hill 35mph after driving on the highway but it was a HOT day. Highest I’ve seen this year is 218 but haven’t driven that route since so can’t say for certain. I’m sure it helps a little being close to the manifold.

Nothing all that interesting here. Just cleaning up and moving gauges around. Since oil pressure is more important than egt, I moved the egt to the glove box and vacuumed.

F285A757-212A-42FB-B14A-CD52E9D0239A.jpeg
8467D86F-6E17-44D5-A7B7-12831E06CCB8.jpeg

FBA8E5E1-765B-43FC-B8FE-55938FCA35F0.jpeg

image.jpg

Oil pressure is now good through the rpm band so I’m stoked about that.
Waited 3 weeks for these door panel clips and now it doesn’t feel like junk when I open the door. Also picked up the original hardware for the door panels… oem freshness!!
07A6B55E-B6F7-4B2C-8126-2E3D507EE519.jpeg

F0640E53-8E27-4241-8011-CD9E4A51AC89.jpeg

Spent $100 for led light for the TSX and another $400 for ceramic tint. Next I’ll be cutting and polishing the windshields on the tsx and talon because people clean windshields with sandpaper.

Dude your car is cleaner then clean! I’m jealous LOL, I’m putting all the bling in my engine bay but I hope to have the seats re upholstered soon along with a paint job one day :pray:. Also on your oil pressure gauge, I’m about to install my pro sport this weekend, with stm relocation oil line off the ofh, but I’m not sure where to mount the sending unit, may I ask how you did yours?

Dude your car is cleaner then clean! I’m jealous LOL, I’m putting all the bling in my engine bay but I hope to have the seats re upholstered soon along with a paint job one day :pray:. Also on your oil pressure gauge, I’m about to install my pro sport this weekend, with stm relocation oil line off the ofh, but I’m not sure where to mount the sending unit, may I ask how you did yours?
Thanks Jeremy! I had a pic but I must have deleted it. I used the adapter where the stock oil pressure sensor goes. So basically you remove the stock pressure sensor, install the adapter, stock pressure sensor and aftermarket oil pressure sensor.

You can see the set up here.

1630871130254.jpeg

Nothing all that interesting here. Just cleaning up and moving gauges around. Since oil pressure is more important than egt, I moved the egt to the glove box and vacuumed.

View attachment 639129View attachment 639131
View attachment 639130
View attachment 639134
Oil pressure is now good through the rpm band so I’m stoked about that.
Waited 3 weeks for these door panel clips and now it doesn’t feel like junk when I open the door. Also picked up the original hardware for the door panels… oem freshness!!
View attachment 639132
View attachment 639133
Spent $100 for led light for the TSX and another $400 for ceramic tint. Next I’ll be cutting and polishing the windshields on the tsx and talon because people clean windshields with sandpaper.
Look'n good!

That looks convenient! Where did you get the adapter? Only reason I bought that relocation line is I read somewhere the aftermarket sender unit could fail due to vibrations at the OFH? If it’s working for you tho with no issues id rather run it that way than have to mount it somewhere else :)

That looks convenient! Where did you get the adapter? Only reason I bought that relocation line is I read somewhere the aftermarket sender unit could fail due to vibrations at the OFH? If it’s working for you tho with no issues id rather run it that way than have to mount it somewhere else :)
I do worry about vibration so we’ll see. I’ve seen shorter ones but couldn’t find it myself. Pretty sure it’s 1/8”npt but double check.

Larlansz 1/8" NPT Oil Pressure Sensor Tee to NPT Adapter Turbo Supply Feed Line Gauge Stainless Steel

the aftermarket sender unit could fail due to vibrations at the OFH?
Not all aftermarket senders. VDO type pressure sensors are the ones that easily get failed with vibrations. (like the one that looks like the pic) The sensors that look like AEM's have no problem to be directly mounted on OFH.
スクリーンショット 2021-09-05 18.11.02.jpg

Not all aftermarket senders. VDO type pressure sensors are the ones that easily get failed with vibrations. (like the one that looks like the pic) The sensors that look like AEM's have no problem to be directly mounted on OFH.
View attachment 639163
Mine’s a pro sport which looks the same as TK’s in his pic, is that a VDO?

Mine’s a pro sport which looks the same as TK’s in his pic, is that a VDO?
Yes. When I was using that type of sensors, I used to replace it very often (I was mounting it on OFH directly). But it stopped failing since I used a short -4AN line to mount it somewhere else.

Yes. When I was using that type of sensors, I used to replace it very often (I was mounting it on OFH directly). But it stopped failing since I used a short -4AN line to mount it somewhere else.

Well I reckon I’ll use my relocation line then LOL, I’m curious did you mount it to the frame somewhere?

View attachment 639163
Glad I switched to aem 😅

Finally got a wot up to 6500 with no knock, decent afr's and great oil pressure. Only 18psi as it's on gate pressure with up to 12* of timing (for now LOL). Idle is perfect but I see it needs just a bump in global. None the less, I am super stoked to finally be in boost.
1631371005347.png

Attachments

• idle.elg
    27.6 KB · Views: 15
  • wot.elg
    14.2 KB · Views: 17
Went for a cruise. Got a few head nods, a thumbs up and a guy in a Volvo wagon filming me so gave him a boost clip. Pretty sure he said he has/had one and I couldn’t understand what else he was trying to say. We were both like 🤙🤜🏻🤛. It was a good day.

CDECB967-06F9-4DF8-8D77-75008E93E0F7.jpeg
D8BBAE7E-FE2D-49D4-91FE-4D6E225688C4.jpeg

That’s what it’s all about:rocks: I can’t wait to be able to cruise my sun faded dsm down the street, for me it’s like stress therapy LOL
Hell yeah man. Cruise and enjoy the day! Not only does it put a smile on MY face, it was awesome seeing smiles on others that know the platform.

Went for a cruise. Got a few head nods, a thumbs up and a guy in a Volvo wagon filming me so gave him a boost clip. Pretty sure he said he has/had one and I couldn’t understand what else he was trying to say. We were both like 🤙🤜🏻🤛. It was a good day.

View attachment 640445View attachment 640446
+1 for the day from me. Looking like you drove it out of a time capsule after purchasing it brand new from the dealer.OMG:talon::thumb:

+1 for the day from me. Looking like you drove it out of a time capsule after purchasing it brand new from the dealer.OMG:talon::thumb:
Lol. Thanks man! I wish. It’s got small door dings which makes me want to learn pdr.

Meh, wake me up when it has a super 99 on it.
Stay sleeping cuz it’s going to be a minute before it gets a bigger turbo 😴😉. Probably go black maybe a zona.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back