The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Orange backlit boost gauge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangan

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2002
Wichita, Kansas
Anyone know of any Orange backlit boost gauges. I am trying to keep the stock orange theme.

Thanks,
Mat

badboyr66 said:
Defi gauges... spendy, but damn cool gauges
Any gauge with a clear bulb would work, just put a red cover over it and it looks exactly orange thats what I did. For now. I tried uploading it but it didnt work heres a link on my brothers site Gauge How do you like that Blitz Dc gauge ? LOL :rolleyes:

go put a red buld in a gauge then look at a Defi.... WAAYYY different. Defis are backlit while the auotmeters are not

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

fulanititoo8198 said:
Any gauge with a clear bulb would work, just put a red cover over it and it looks exactly orange thats what I did. For now. I tried uploading it but it didnt work heres a link on my brothers site Gauge How do you like that Blitz Dc gauge ? LOL :rolleyes:
That's correct. Autozone sells them.

badboyr66 said:
go put a red buld in a gauge then look at a Defi.... WAAYYY different. Defis are backlit while the auotmeters are not

I already tried the bulb covers for a customer,did not look the same

autometers have the light that comes from around the sides... it lights the entire face. A true backlit gauge comes from the numbers and or needle.

I'm always being asked by people who don't know any better (the middle slot is empty obviously) whether they are stock.

30263Gauges.jpg

I don't have a pic of the A/F guage I got for a present lit up but they look as stock as they come, day or night. :thumb:

Now that I looked at it, it is a little brighter but that has nothing to do witht the cover just the fact that my bulb burnt and i replaced it w/ a different than the one that what it came with but same color.

Attachments

• temp_d6368eb1ada0146fbabee40e79f3b4e4.jpg
    temp_d6368eb1ada0146fbabee40e79f3b4e4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 579
Isspro gauges are backlit and use the bulb condoms-- check my gallery for a night shot of mine. It's a crappy picture but you get the idea. They're actually even closer-looking to stock than what the picture shows.

badboyr66 said:
Defi gauges... spendy, but damn cool gauges

I can't agree more, they are a decent penny, but they match my stock gauge cluster perfectly. They look awesome. :thumb:

-Steve

Defi gauges are the shit, but spendy. For those who dont want to spend that much for a gauge but get an amber lit gauge, you can purchase amber bulbs at Autozone, Schucks, Kragen, etc... that fit the Autometer harness fine. I had Autometer Ultralites in my GSX and replaced all the bulbs with amber ones I bought from Schucks. They matched perfect.

badboyr66 said:
I already tried the bulb covers for a customer,did not look the same

BTW, which model line Defi is this? Are these the "Link's" or a different model?

my ultralight a/m boost gauge matches good at night with just the regular bulb in it.

The pic makes it look real bright but when your riding in the car you cant tell a difference and it isnt blinding like it looks in the picture..

Luke :cool: :dsm:

I am using this autometer gauge. It matches the stock orange pretty well at night, maybe a little darker orange though. It just came with a little red sleeve you slide over the light for the orange effect. They make a similar gauge with vacuum as well, which I would recommend. I got mine from Summit for around $50 i believe, which, compared to a lot of other gauges is a cheap alternative.

Attachments

• dashboard1sm.jpg
    dashboard1sm.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 521
Like I said before, I had the Autometer Ultralite EGT, boost, and Fuel Pres. gauges in my last DSM, I was happy with them and had no problems at all. I will however be getting those Defi D-series gauges. Those are simply too sexy to pass up. :thumb:

the VDO gauge that I bought my car with (I no longer have it on) looked pretty close and was orange.

My Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge is pretty matched to my stock colors.

We just put a VDO boost gauge in my roomates 2g. Looks just like stock. We had to put a orange rubber cover on it, but it looks perfect. I think Summit sells them. They are pretty inexpensive as well.

Autometer Ultralights match 1999 Eclipse gauges (or any other white/silver colored gauges with orange needle) nicely...

Only pic I had...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back