The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995 brian

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2011
Leadville, Colorado
Whats up dsmers so i have a 95 gst that was working just fine then it would not start no more. Found out i didnt have spark in cylinders 2-3 so i replaced the coil pack transistor and plugs and wires and nothing. So i tested the cas and ckp an the cas was dead so i replaced that to and still nothing but i do have spark in all four cylinders now. And i have fuel as well. I tried push starting it and it starts but dies right away. What else can i check before i just give up and take it to a mechanic?

This might be a long shot but STILL a possibility. When this happened to me at night, I couldn't SEE what was wrong. the next day in the light, I saw that the balance shaft belt had snapped. in it was just underneath the belt assembly cover, so it was being tossed around by the other belts and pulleys for the split second the car would turn over :sosad:

You need to cover the three bases. Compression, ignition, and fuel.

You say you have spark now, but you don't say whether or not you've checked compression yet. If your compression is within the limits, you should start checking your fuel system. The fuel pump may have died.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back