The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Opinions of Experienced People...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdtraction

Probationary Member
Jun 28, 2003
CaliforniaUS
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to find info on taking steps to modify a 1g gsx. I currently have a 91 gsx with rebuilt engine, turbo, and a new clutch. I am planning on a boost controller, but don't know the limits on the stock fuel system. If anyone can post links, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyway, my plans are for a very powerful low end car. I'd been researching and found that I'd like to eventually get the TRE race tranny. But prior to that, I'd like to make the best bang for the buck mods first.

My thoughts:

1) boost controller to 15 psi.

2) either upgraded side mount IC or FMIC (don't want to remove bumper beam though)

3) upgrade fuel - 550cc injectors, Walbro 255L FP, SX FPR, and fuel management

4) Big 16G or Big T28 turbo (not sure yet)

5) 4-bot rear end

6) TRE race tranny

Any thoughts, or links?

Thanks.

sounds nice...but Turbo cars are top end cars...if you want low end you need a V8. I respect the fact that you take into consideration that a Tranny has a lot to do with the performance of a vehicle most people don't see that.

stick with your stock turbo(port that sucker) ... get supra sidemount.... upgrade your blow off valve....fuel pump and fuel pressure regualtor..and finally SAFC then turn your boost up to 18 psi

Originally posted by awdtraction
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to find info on taking steps to modify a 1g gsx. I currently have a 91 gsx with rebuilt engine, turbo, and a new clutch. I am planning on a boost controller, but don't know the limits on the stock fuel system. If anyone can post links, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyway, my plans are for a very powerful low end car. I'd been researching and found that I'd like to eventually get the TRE race tranny. But prior to that, I'd like to make the best bang for the buck mods first.

My thoughts:

1) boost controller to 15 psi.

2) either upgraded side mount IC or FMIC (don't want to remove bumper beam though)

3) upgrade fuel - 550cc injectors, Walbro 255L FP, SX FPR, and fuel management

4) Big 16G or Big T28 turbo (not sure yet)

5) 4-bot rear end

6) TRE race tranny

Any thoughts, or links?

Thanks.

I found this site to have the most in-depth step by step upgrade path with the most clairity.http://www.extrememotorsports.com/g1stage/stageall.htm Read every step 0-8, and if you still have specific questions post them here:thumb:

sounds like jdm had a stern talking to by somebody up high:) this is the first time ive seen you help someone with a newb question. props.

Originally posted by peregrine
sounds like jdm had a stern talking to by somebody up high:) this is the first time ive seen you help someone with a newb question. props.

Not even close, he posted his qieston like a God damn intelligent human being. Not some rice punk, Yo Yo im bout to make 800Hp on pump aiight:rolleyes:

And the fact that JDM lives about 45minutes away from Extreme... you sure they aren't paying ya, or are ya just Sucking on Sean's knob eh JDM? That Mirage they have now is a joke.

Originally posted by AlecW81
And the fact that JDM lives about 45minutes away from Extreme... you sure they aren't paying ya, or are ya just Sucking on Sean's knob eh JDM? That Mirage they have now is a joke.

Actually I know the glazers personally. However it has nothing to do with the fact that the upgrade info on his site offers the most direct and explanatory step by setup upgrade info I have seen.

I tell you what smart guy, find another site with more specific upgrade information then what's offered on seans site. Until then keep your ####ing mouth shut.

JDM, I was just F*ckin' with ya... I figured you of all people would recognize the sarcasm. I used to hang out at Extreme every once in a while, lived about 30minutes away. They probobly do have one of the best upgrade paths from a vendor though... too bad most of their parts are a little overpriced

Originally posted by AlecW81
JDM, I was just F*ckin' with ya... I figured you of all people would recognize the sarcasm. I used to hang out at Extreme every once in a while, lived about 30minutes away. They probobly do have one of the best upgrade paths from a vendor though... too bad most of their parts are a little overpriced

bastard;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back