The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Online Machine Shop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97egl

Proven Member
Feb 6, 2014
Brownsburg, Indiana
Does anyone know of any machine shops that operate online that are reputable. The machine shops here in Indianapolis all suck a$$ and half a$$ everything they do so I'm hoping there's a machine shop out there that I can just send my rods off to to have ARP's installed. Wasn't sure if anything like that exists that's actually reputable tho.

@JacksonAuto is a good one, donno if they're a presence on here anymore. Otherwise @Boostin Performance or @STM tuned may be able to help you, can't recall if they did shop work or farmed it out? Costa Mesa R&D used to be good but I think the main guy passed away and they haven't been the same.

Any shop with a rod hone (all of them) can install arp’s and resize the rod, it’s a standard procedure.
All shops have the equipment which isn't the issue. The issue is the guy operating the machine. I've had terrible luck around here. One place jacked up a head that all it needed was an align hone on the cam caps because the originals had been lost. The other place I went was supposed to bore my block for new pistons. I got the block back and after being charged double what we had agreed on because they decided to hot tank and Magnaflux it. (Which specifically told them I didn't want it cleaned or anything else) the pistons came back and had not been removed from their bags and they have .0005 piston to bore clearance at best. The biggest piston does not even fit in any of the cylinders.

All shops have the equipment which isn't the issue. The issue is the guy operating the machine. I've had terrible luck around here. One place jacked up a head that all it needed was an align hone on the cam caps because the originals had been lost. The other place I went was supposed to bore my block for new pistons. I got the block back and after being charged double what we had agreed on because they decided to hot tank and Magnaflux it. (Which specifically told them I didn't want it cleaned or anything else) the pistons came back and had not been removed from their bags and they have .0005 piston to bore clearance at best. The biggest piston does not even fit in any of the cylinders.
No machine shop is going to put any engine parts in their equipment without cleaning it first.

No excuses for bad machine work, but cleaning everything first is industry standard.

No machine shop is going to put any engine parts in their equipment without cleaning it first.

No excuses for bad machine work, but cleaning everything first is industry standard.

I do get the cleaning but then to Magnaflux it on top of that and add 90 dollars to the 120 they already said it would be without telling me is shady in my opinion. I've had work done there before. (.070 mill off a cylinder head) and it just cost what they told me it would be up front plus a minimal shop charge. Maybe I am being to picky I'm not sure. Just don't like them not being forward about the cost and then when I have an issue with it costing more than I was told they want to act as if money should be no object.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back