The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

One of One Eagle talon -Fittipaldi Prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The radio equipment that must be removed.

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 191
The radio equipment that must be removed.

:toobad:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why children should not be given rare, new or expensive cars. They simply do not know how to take care of them or modify them correctly.

Good luck with the restoration ClassicCar. Hope you can find what you need to get it back into stock form - most of those parts are, what, 20+ years old now?

Thanks for saving this car. I see you have a pace car vette, guys this DSM is in very good hands.

The corvette has 2,100 miles on it. Still has the original tires that came on the car in 1978

First word outta my mouth when I just read that vette has 2,100 miles? Oh my god!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me the exact radio options that would have been offered on the 1990 Tsi AWD Talon? I don't have any record of what radio came in the car but I want to put only what would have come in it. Thanks for your help.

First word outta my mouth when I just read that vette has 2,100 miles? Oh my god!!!!!!

I nearly spit out my drink while simultaneously trying to say "no effing way". Glad to see a good owner having this car, not just someone that will ruin it and send it to a junkyard in a few months.

I nearly spit out my drink while simultaneously trying to say "no effing way". Glad to see a good owner having this car, not just someone that will ruin it and send it to a junkyard in a few months.
A little over 2,100

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 124
As far as im aware, this was the only unit option for 90. I don't think your car would have been any different. Same unit as posted above.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Everything works on mine. I use the tapedeck for my ipod and have no plans to get rid of it. If you cannot find one anywhere im be willing to help you out.:thumb:

I have a factory '90 stereo that has am/fm, tape, and cd. It worked great when I pulled it and it's your for the cost of shipping.

I have a factory '90 stereo that has am/fm, tape, and cd. It worked great when I pulled it and it's your for the cost of shipping.

How many different types of radios were there? The radio in my Laser looks different than the one in this picture.

As best I can tell they all had different radio options so a Laser radio would not have been an option in a Talon. So for my Fittipaldi to be "as original" I found a radio out of a 1990 Tsi AWD Talon.

I used to have one of those factory double decks with the cd player like that but swapped it out for the factory double deck tape player one with the equalizer on the bottom.

Yeah the previous owner was a young kid and had the local best buy install an aftermarket radio and got it's vin plate drilled into. But the cars in good hands now.

If you called Chrysler with the VIN they might be able to pull all the parts that were used. For the radio/etc.

At Nissan we kept everything from everything.

Wow this car is nice! I cann't believe the kid that had this before! How does one go and have a sound system installed in a car that is rare (the only kind of car like this, rare), especially at Circuit City by someone who has no clue what they are working on..

I feel like shooting myself just for the lack of logic there..

Bravo on restoring it back to its factory specs!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back