The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

On a mission and need advice for tuning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleTalonTim

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2007
Brighton, Tennessee
Here is the deal. I am currently selling my shift boxes at a cheaper price to get them out the door faster to hopefully upgrade as much as possible before my little boy gets here :) So far, I only have a logger, SAFC2, rewired stock fuel pump, Evo III 16g, 450 injectors, M/T ECU, working Cyclone Intake, 2.5" exhaust with no cat, MBC, AFPR, and a hacked air can. I am currently running 15psi but I want more! I was wondering if turning up the fuel rail pressure would allow me to tune for higher PSI? Since I am pretty much running a stock JDM motor, I need to know what I can push on stock internals including stock head bolts and stock head gasket. My goal right now is 400hp on my daily driver. Any input or suggestions welcome!

Things I want to get (In order):
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
650 injectors
2g MAF to Turbo piping.....I have the MAF but don't have a way to reliably connect it to my car :(
Upper IC piping with 45 elbow on TB
ARP Head Studs

And to top things off, I just ran against a guy in a STOCK Chevy TrailBlazer SS and I could only keep up with him :( It was neck and neck up to 90 mph. He wants me to be at the track Saturday and I am wanting to do a little better next time. This is what led me to asking about turning up the fuel pressure for higher boost levels on the 450 injectors.

i've read turning the base fuel pressure to about 60psi, should make the injectors output about 530cc. You should be safe to 17-18psi on the 450cc though.

would the rewired stock fuel pump be able to keep up with the 60 psi?

I really dont think it will flow enough with the 60psi base plus 1:1 boost. With stock rewired pump and the 450cc , you should be good for a few more psi than 15 though.
I would definitely add a wideband to your list of parts. The power gained through a proper tune are well worth the cost of it as well as you can tweak out some fuel mileage, too

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back